Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated Grips and Turning Your Light Off  (Read 661 times)

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Re: Heated Grips and Turning Your Light Off
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by r2uzenblot [+]
The heated grip tiny little buttons are not illuminated at night and a bugger sometimes in daylight. I could spend days practicising to turn them on and off but at night I'd still get it wrong sometimes.

I don't know what they're like on the newer models, but my 2015 has the same large buttons for the OEM heated grips and fog lights as the T800 I had previously, I still have to glance down to check operation, but both are easy enough to operate with gloves on whilst moving, I switch my fogs on before I set off anyway as I use them as DRL's, if in doubt slow down, or stop to adjust the heated grips, better safe than sorry  :028:

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Heated Grips and Turning Your Light Off
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
I don't know what they're like on the newer models
The foglight is under the left pointing finger (next to the heated pilot seat switch and just front of the high beam toggle). Well designed I'd say.

The heated grips switch is by far the tinniest button on the whole bike. It is right on said left grip, almost unnoticeable by touch with winter gloves and provides absolutely no haptic feedback of any sort. In short, it gathers everything that a heated grips switch should NOT be.

Recent Topics