Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Say nav mount Gen1  (Read 319 times)

Offline Simsar

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 2015
  • City / Town: Wisbech
Say nav mount Gen1
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »
Hi I have recently purchased myself a gen1 explorer and need a sat nav mount for my Tom Tom 450 I was looking at the cnc Triumph on but had been told the Tom Tom won’t fit it. Is this correct. They did a version that had a cut out on it and six holes same mounting arm just the mount was different I can’t seem to find it anymore.

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
Re: Say nav mount Gen1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »
Still available, they changed the adaptor plate already in 2012 so the Garmin and TomTom fits no problem.

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph-accessories/tiger-explorer-accessories/tiger-explorer-740276/tiger-explorer/triumph-gps-mount-kit.html

:031:
There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline Simsar

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 2015
  • City / Town: Wisbech
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:23:58 PM »
I saw another version with a different plate on it with cut out. I assume they are just using the wrong image for the link you have sent. Many thanks Simon

Offline Vt_sailor

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Saratoga Springs, NY
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:00:05 PM »
Here's the GPS mount I made for my gen 1 Explorer.  Clamped together two pieces of nylon and drilled a hole through them.  Then put the RAM mount on one piece and fastened everything in place.

2015 Explorer--givi bags with motech mounts,
Radiator protector, delrin gps mount, OEM & motech crash bars, motech hand guards, Clearwater Darla fog lights

Recent Topics