Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Running New Tiger In  (Read 986 times)

Online glenn389

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Rawdon
Running New Tiger In
« on: March 11, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »
Getting some miles on before 1st service

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '19 XRX
Re: Running New Tiger In
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 06:48:46 PM »
Stuff that  :190:

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »
Looks like Iceland...  :005:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
Nice!

Offline BruceC

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: Solihull
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »
I had exactly the same thought yesterday. 500 miles to be completed before next Tuesday. A cold, but sunny and mainly dry in mid Wales, provided a 250 mile opportunity to play around with the settings and explore all the new gizmos on the XCa. If I'm honest I didn't notice it's been on a diet and lost 11kg or any extra Oomph but I'm keeping revs down at the moment. The Arrow can makes a nice sound without being too loud or annoying. The quick shifter is just lovely :047:, really smooth but appeared to require slightly more effort when in sport or rain mode but that might just be me getting used to it. I find I still have to concentrate or else I revert back to using that old fashioned device called a clutch.  :038: The brakes are definitely better, particularly the rear, but why? There's no change that I can see. I also liked the auto contrast option on the TFT screen which changes the background from dark to light depending on the light around. The Satnav mount, now on the bars, is not as convenient or safe as when mounted above the clocks but I will persevere in the knowledge that there is a solution for Euro 145 out there. It's a step backwards in my opinion and one which nearly forced me down a GSA route.  I also discovered that the TPMS is no longer standard on the XCa and is an option for £300 which I reluctantly have agreed to have fitted at the 1st service. :151:  This is standard on the GSA, just saying!!!

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 03:26:22 PM »

Now just where did you get that fantastic wallpaper  :002: :028:
There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline BruceC

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: Solihull
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 04:23:34 PM »

Offline Ray_B

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 18 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: MIDDLETOWN
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 05:43:17 PM »
Bought the same model (XRT) in November. Brought it in for 500 mi service 1 week later. Logged 2500 mi so far this year with an 11,000 mi loop of the US in the spring. Accumulating miles is far too easy with this bike!

I outfitted a Shad 40L topcase and 23L hard panniers for 1/3 the price & weight of OEM and for the style. Not a fan of the suitcase/boxy cases. The panniers on my Trophy SE weigh 17.5 lbs each - empty! Too much dead weight for my taste.

Ray

Ride it like you stole it.

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ray_B [+]
Bought the same model (XRT) in November. Brought it in for 500 mi service 1 week later. Logged 2500 mi so far this year with an 11,000 mi loop of the US in the spring. Accumulating miles is far too easy with this bike!

I outfitted a Shad 40L topcase and 23L hard panniers for 1/3 the price & weight of OEM and for the style. Not a fan of the suitcase/boxy cases. The panniers on my Trophy SE weigh 17.5 lbs each - empty! Too much dead weight for my taste.
I was considering Shad but didn't in the end, got a pic?

Offline Ray_B

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 18 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: MIDDLETOWN
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:17:38 PM by Ray_B »
Ray

Ride it like you stole it.

Recent Topics

nonskid