Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seats across the model range  (Read 173 times)

Offline Cragman7

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XC 2014
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
Seats across the model range
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:05:29 PM »
Does anyone know if the seats are interchangeable across the years and the models. I'm looking for a spare set of seats to get custom ones done on my 2014 XC.
I keep seeing different part numbers on eBay but the adverts say fits all years. I'm guessing gen 1 seats don't fit gen 2 models. Does anyone know any more 🤔🤔

Thanks

Pete

Offline Pomegranate

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer
  • City / Town: Dorset
Re: Seats across the model range
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »
I’ve got a 2012 Explorer  and recently purchased a comfort seat from a 2017 XRX and it is exactly the same fitting. There is a difference however in the finish of the material. The 2012 seat has a smoother finish to the material. Other than that it’s exactly the same.

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:14:44 PM »
As Pomegranate says, the seats between gen 1 and 2 at least are the same. The plugs on the heated seats are different however. So is the circuitry. I have a seat with Saddlecraft at the moment and when we pulled it apart, the heating 'pad' is removable from the seat so could in fact be incorporated into the new build.

Seats from the 800 Tiger definitely don't fit.

I have an unused comfort seat spare if that's of any interest. I don't have any spare pillion ones though but there seem to be plenty about. My new seat will get a new cover on incidentally. With the extra padding and gel pad, there's no way to stretch the old material over the top. So really all you need is a couple of old seats regardless of the generation etc as the only bit that gets used in effect is the base.

Offline Cragman7

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XC 2014
  • City / Town: Wellingborough
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:44:35 PM »
Cheers for the info gents. That gives me more confidence to bid on eBay. I already have a spare main seat, just the pillion to bid on 🤞

Recent Topics

nonskid