Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Bike  (Read 869 times)

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: OJAI
New Bike
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »
Hi everyone, I have been part of this forum for a while now but stayed very quiet because I own a Triumph Trophy so I didn't feel I belonged in the cool kid club, yet! Well, tomorrow I am picking up my 2019 1200 XCa and couldn't be more excited! For those that will ask, I am getting the Crystal White :062:

What led to this you ask...my Trophy is sitting in the shop, going on its 7th week and I am tired of owning a bike I can't ride. in the last 9 months, my bike has been in the shop for 3 months. I am an everyday rider so not having a bike is killing me! The time felt right and things fell into place so I am going to be the proud owner of a new Tiger as of tomorrow :046:

The primary reason for this post was to get your feedback on tires (yes, I'm sorry for asking but I do have a specific question so don't blow this off, please). I am planning on riding pavement with some dirt. The dirt won't be technical, will be roads and trails but nothing hardcore for a while. So, I am in need of a good 90/10 tire and was hoping I could get some quick feedback on this? I have heard the Pirelli Scorpions are nice and Avon makes a tire that is supposed to be pretty good...anything you can offer is appreciated and it's time for me to get more involved here on the forum!

Thanks!  :031:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:52:21 PM by mike2411 »

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: New Bike
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 01:06:46 AM »
 :400: Mike. I think you're going to love the new 1200. They are a fabulous ride. :028:

As far as tires are concerned, I'll let others give you their ideas. I personally run Shinko 705s on mine and love them. About 20% of my riding is on gravel & they ride out well on it and in the pasture and field conditions I ride here in Iowa. I'm also a firm believer in Ride-on tire sealant & balancer & have used it in my past 3 bikes.

Throw us a couple of pics once you get the big girl home. Ride often & ride safe... :305:
Jon

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: OJAI
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:51 AM »
Thanks Jon! Pics will be posted and I appreciate the tire info!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing bike stuff :821:

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 01:14:10 AM »
 :400: to the family. asking for tyre advice is like opening a jar of marbles upside down...

I'd advice for Anakee III or Anakee Adventure. I am a big Michelin fan and I ran through two sets of Anakee III and did everything except deep sand and mud on those tyres. On tarmac they are incredible.

For my third tiger I am going to install Anakee Adventures - let's see how those will turn up.

If you want to do more aggressive off roading, I cannot recommend Mitas E07 Dakkar Editions high enough. Went through one set - lasted about 20K. And another set was about that much and had more than a few thousand mile life in them when I sold the last tiger.

Have fun, be safe and like Jon said - pics please... we love pics  :169:

:821:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Sidi1200

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Phantom Explorer
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 02:02:29 AM »
Let The Blinging Begin   !!!! 
Welcome... and for your Tyres?? I agree with Icy...  I have the MITAS E09 ,s on at the moment and have just about killed them with my Type of Long distance, all Surfaces, riding. The E09 are a bit more aggressive than The E07, which I will switch back to shortly.. I have had a Hell of a Lot of fun on the E09 in the rough... the Big Cat with Claws...
Anyone can make it complicated..... Its pure Genius to make it Simple....
A Scotsman once told me that "the best glass to drink whisky out of, is the one that doesn't leak"

Online FredJ9

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: ‘15 Explorer
  • City / Town: Bakersfield, Ca
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
Welcome from Bakersfield
Tires I have no preferences yet but I love RideOn as well.
That said my ‘15 Tiger was purchased new one year ago this month so it doesn’t have TPMS.
Do some research as any tire sealant may damage your TPMS.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 02:42:41 PM »
 :400: from the Netherlands

Offline Wiliam

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 17 xrt
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »
nice, i love my explorer also in addition to my trophy.... we have conversed before

Offline Dick63

• Explorer Master
  • "The Mountains are Calling ... And I Must Go."
  • Bike: 2013 Blue TEx
  • City / Town: Centerville, OH
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »
Sure you will be happy with the new Explorer.   

I will say I have been very happy with Bridgestone A40s but don't have any experience with the new A41s.  Yet. 
Dick63

Offline Tiger Lad

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Exp 1200 xrt
  • City / Town: Chippenham
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:59:37 AM »
Hi  :400: to the forum from the uk.  :031:

Recent Topics

nonskid