Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Need tips for putting the seal back when refitting camshaft cover  (Read 756 times)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Need tips for putting the seal back when refitting camshaft cover
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by avfan [+]
Further to my last comment (and hopefully not hi-jacking the post), I did a search and found a link regarding the extended valve lash intervals but it did not work. Does anyone have a good link to the document in question? I'd be very interested in reading that PDF. I called around to several dealers and got quotes of 10-12k miles. No one seemed to know of the extended interval - or wouldn't acknowledge it for reasons.
So, to recap, minor service at 10k mile intervals and major service (valve adjustment) at 20k mile intervals, with the one-time valve timing set at 20k miles.

Now, given that you seem to have a low mileage 2012, has your bike had the cylinder head replacement done? If not, you should try to get that done. See here for more info:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,17989.0.html
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline avfan

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Trenton
Re: Need tips for putting the seal back when refitting camshaft cover
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 06:54:50 PM »
Thank you, appreciate it.

Recent Topics

nonskid