Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What Does This Symbol Mean?  (Read 264 times)

Offline swegs

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Devon
What Does This Symbol Mean?
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
Greetings.

I have searched the web and numerous owners manuals to try and identify what the symbol of a circle with an angled line through it represents. Much the same as that used for "diameter". My owners manual shows it on the general Instrument Panel Layout but nowhere is it referenced. It suddenly appeared at the bottom middle whilst riding. The bike is a 2013 Tiger Explorer. I hope someone will assist me.

Cheers

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer & 800XC
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: What Does This Symbol Mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 12:54:08 PM »
It's for indicating the average speed and fuel consumption when those units are selected on the display.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline swegs

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Devon
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:00:10 PM »
Thanks for that. But why would it suddenly appear without any switch being touched?

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer & 800XC
  • City / Town: English Riviera
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by swegs [+]
Thanks for that. But why would it suddenly appear without any switch being touched?
It won't. You probably hit the up/down button on the left switch cluster without realising. You can easily press U/D again to scroll through the options to get your preferred units displayed. I tend to leave mine on current trip as I reset it each time I fill the tank.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Recent Topics