Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SW-Motech Engage tank bag with Gen 1 adapter ring No longer for sale!  (Read 366 times)

Offline rockitcity

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Northridge, CA
SW-Motech Engage tank bag with Explorer Gen 1 EVO tank ring.  Very easy  installation, and very solid on bike.  Near new condition.  Great for personal items, 7L capacity.  14"Lx10.6W"x7"H.  Two side pockets.  Includes rain cover and strap. Wanted to use it on another bike, but doesn't fit (BMW R1200RT.) Works great on the Triumph! These were $170 new, asking $85.  $15 shipping in Continental US only.  Check it out!

Got a tank ring and did some adapting to make it work with both bikes.  Decided to keep it.  Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:28:29 PM by rockitcity »

Offline Falcon1220

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2015 TEX
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Re: SW-Motech Engage tank bag with Gen 1 adapter ring
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 06:58:30 PM »
just saying.
For you to continue the use of the bag on the new bike, you just have to buy the SW Motech ring that fit your new bike. I have the same bag that I used on a VFR Honda. When I upgraded to the Triumph, I bought the ring to fit the bike and am still using my tank-bag.

Offline rockitcity

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 07:22:22 PM »
Hi Falcon, thanks for the reply.  Yes, I am aware that a new tank ring should work.  However, because the RT has some plastic rails around the fuel filler, SW Motech doesn't specify a tank ring for my bike.  I checked with Twisted Throttle, and they can't tell me which one might fit (there are a lot of them to choose from, could get into a science project pretty quickly...) I have seen pictures of people using similar tank bags on RT"s but can't seem to find the tank ring they used. One person used some nylon spacers to raise the tank ring up a bit to clear the rails which would be fine, but again, which ring?  I have another magnetic bag I can use on the Triumph, so I'm thinking I might just as well get something else meant for the RT. It's possible a tank ring for a 2014 RT might be the same bolt pattern, but I'll have to compare them side-by-side to verify.

BTW, I was up in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago and had a great time!

Offline Falcon1220

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2015 TEX
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 12:18:53 AM »
Check out the item code 570787 for the ring for the 2014 bmw 1200rt.

https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-evo-tank-ring

Offline rockitcity

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 06:26:25 AM »
I took a tracing of the tank ring on my RT and will compare it to the a 2014 (or newer) at a the dealer.  Maybe I can salvage this project after all!

Offline Snaggletooth

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2014 xc
  • City / Town: Ypsilanti
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 10:50:44 PM »
Sent a pm.

Recent Topics