Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which MRA VSA spoiler for 2018 XRt?  (Read 997 times)

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Which MRA VSA spoiler for 2018 XRt?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 09:08:39 AM »
Gents, reading your successive posts got me a bit confused now. I thought the Mk2 and Mk3 Triumph touring were the same. Did I misunderstood something?

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Gents, reading your successive posts got me a bit confused now. I thought the Mk2 and Mk3 Triumph touring were the same. Did I misunderstood something?

I don't know the answer to that Nik, as I haven't looked much at the Tiger 1200's, but given they share the same electric screen, my assumption was that the screens on both the Gen-2 and 3's were the same.

Anyway - I've now ordered the MRA Vario VSA Type C screen - decided after looking at the XRT touring screen I have on my XRX that that would probably be the better option than the A version, so just awaiting it arriving. We'll see then whether it does fits or not as there were conflicting views from the manufacturer and UK distributor!

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
Can't wait your report (complete with pics of course ;-)!

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »
So not long after posting earlier today, my MRA Vario VSA Type C screen was delivered! Impressive bit of kit, comes with clamps for the top of the screen or, if you want to bolt it to the screen, a screen bolt kit - and more importantly - a sticky template so you can get those drilled holes spot on! Anyway, I've decided to give it a go with the clamps at first to see how I get on with it, I may possibly bolt it on to the screen later on, we'll see.

Dead easy to fit and actually doesn't look out of place, adds that little extra bit of height I was looking for. Easily curves around the centre diagonal of the screen with room to spare. The attached screen shots are with the vario screen set on the middle setting (there are 7 settings) and the Triumph screen fully up. I had debated whether to go for the "A" or "C" screen, but having fitted the "C" I think that was the right choice.

Comments invited!

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 09:59:01 PM »
I've got an older MRA blade on mine. They seem to have changed the mounting hardware quite a bit. You can't set the angle of attack anymore? Just raise it up and down? Mine has a single arm on each side with a single mount point.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I've got an older MRA blade on mine. They seem to have changed the mounting hardware quite a bit. You can't set the angle of attack anymore? Just raise it up and down? Mine has a single arm on each side with a single mount point.

I'll agree there is not as much adjustment as I thought - essentially you have 7 adjustment options, as you click the screen up or down, so the angle changes with each click (the lower it is the further out at the bottom), but it's not a great angle range. Assuming I keep it on and I bolt it to teh screen, I'll probably lower it a little than what it is at present by about 2cm.

But getting back to adjustment - the height determines the angle, having opted for a height then you can't adjust the angle.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 02:22:39 AM »
The old setup allows you to set the height and angle separately, but as you reduce the height, the gap narrows.

Tuning tip: tape a few bits of wool about 3 inches long to the top edge of the plexi. Adjust the screen until the tell-tales are standing straight up as you ride (not thashing) and then you have perfect air flow.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »
Thanks Hawkeye!
Now for the ride report ;-)

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Thanks Hawkeye!
Now for the ride report ;-)

I'll let you know after the weekend Nik, as off down to the Prescott Hill Climb so will get a good chance to try it out on the ride from the East to West of the UK!

@CaptainTrips - appreciate that wool idea - brilliant - so will def be trying that out!!! Thank you!

Recent Topics