Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Collecting my new 1200  (Read 577 times)

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: Collecting my new 1200
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 02:57:19 PM »
 :460: I checked with my State Farm agent & found out it's 30 days with them also. I've never had to prove proof of insurance to get a loan on any vehicle. I do normally try to pay up front when I buy, but have financed through my local bank, Honda Motor Corp. and a couple of other banks with financing set up through a dealership.
Jon

Offline Brianbrd

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 xrt
  • City / Town: Ashford
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »
In the UK the insurance is nothing to do with the finance of the bike. You just have to prove you have insured it before you ride it away. It used to be that in the days before computers that you would go to an insurance broker and they would set the change over time for about midday but there would be a flexible change over period. no, extra changes no hassle. Today some of the insurance companies programs seem to be so exact in their form filling that there is no longer room for compromise. The date and time is so and so - therefore if you change either we need to change everything. Personally I think it's a brilliant scam just to make a few extra bucks.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Brianbrd [+]
Today some of the insurance companies programs seem to be so exact in their form filling that there is no longer room for compromise. The date and time is so and so - therefore if you change either we need to change everything. Personally I think it's a brilliant scam just to make a few extra bucks.
Sounds like there should be a phone app for that.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline FredJ9

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: ‘15 Explorer
  • City / Town: Bakersfield, Ca
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Sounds like there should be a phone app for that.

Brilliant idea but I’m afraid once attorneys stick their noses in it, it wouldn’t fly.
Insurance companies seem to make massive complications out of simple processes. After all, their main responsibility lies with stock holders, not us.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 05:08:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by FredJ9 [+]
Brilliant idea but I’m afraid once attorneys stick their noses in it, it wouldn’t fly.
Insurance companies seem to make massive complications out of simple processes. After all, their main responsibility lies with stock holders, not us.
Our auto insurance system relies on private insurance brokers who are paid a commission on each transaction -- basically a cash cow for them. I keep pestering them to allow us to renew our insurance online. They tell me it is too complicated. Yet, I can (and do) buy house insurance completely online from a local insurer that has no bricks and mortar presence and sells directly, eliminating the brokers entirely. And house insurance is a lot more complicated than auto insurance. Go figure.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by FredJ9 [+]
I’m not going to speak my mind here due to the no politics allowed policy.
The last purchase of mine was financed through Triumph at 0%apr. They wanted proof of insurance of the purchased bike “before” I took possession. That’s the first time I’ve ever experienced that. With Allstate all I’ve ever needed to do was inform within 30 days. Before that 30 days, I’m automatically covered, no matter what I buy. This includes cars or bikes.
I know things are a changin’. No more trust and I’ve been with Allstate since ‘75!

Anytime I have financed a car or bike, they always require proof of insurance before taking delivery...but its always been the lending bank that wants it not the dealer itself. ..so maybe  it was Triumph that wanted proof of insurance so that if you wadded it up on the way home they knew they would get their money...

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Anytime I have financed a car or bike, they always require proof of insurance before taking delivery...but its always been the lending bank that wants it not the dealer itself. ..so maybe  it was Triumph that wanted proof of insurance so that if you wadded it up on the way home they knew they would get their money...

:0461: :460:
Jon

Recent Topics