Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TomTom 550 premier pack  (Read 1593 times)

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
Re: TomTom 550 premier pack
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
so i created a route last night which appeared on my phone - then i created another route today on my phone and the one i did last night has disappeared  :187: is that where i need the memory  card ?
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 07:44:10 PM »
Sorry, can't help you on that one, I don't use my phone anywhere in the loop. I plan a route(s) on a PC and save them to MyDrive which then synchronizes with the 550 next time it powers up and connects to a network. The networks don't have to be the same. You shouldn't have to make a conscious effort to save routes to the SD memory card, just fit and forget it and let the 550 handle that end of things. I might have 20-30 routes in my 550 at any one time without any being overwritten.

If you go to MyDrive on the web all your created routes will be listed and on selecting one it will give you the option to synchronise with your device ( the 550). When the 550 comes online it will pick that route up and add it to the internal list. You can delete it off the 550 but it will be left on your MyDrive web account.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:50:00 PM by XCaTel »

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »
I went back to tyre which seemed easier to create a route although the sat nav changed them slightly when i connected it up - but it then asked me how i wanted the files tracks or something else - i ticked both but not sure what the difference is ?  - i am an internet dummy !   

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »
Ah OK. The guys that did Tyre also did MyRouteApp and tout that as their next gen route planning platform. Use your Tyre login and I think you might still be able to get a discount on a GOLD membership on MyRouteApp. MyRouteApp will let you plan a route and force it with many waypoints. Then save to Tom Tom MyDrive directly from MyRouteApp. The Tom Tom software does not need to be open or running anywhere (you will need your Tom Tom username and password though).

For some quick pointers check out my little video on it. Yes, because you are trying to plan a route you will create a "track" and you won't see your waypoints on the Sat Nav once transferred. No internet dummy, we are all dummies until we know how to do something!

Tip - plan with the Google Maps, once happy change to the Tom Tom map, make sure you are satisfied with the route because different maps may alter portions of your route and send to your MyDrive account. Lots of good tutorials on the MyRouteApp website too.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:09:34 PM by XCaTel »

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 09:32:02 AM »
Thanks very much i will look at that tonight   - i used the waypoints on the route to create the route - i guess i don't necessarily need them as each route i created was for one day only - so to clarify the track item is the route without the waypoints

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 05:25:42 PM »
Correct, to your last point. Keeping routes to one day or less is a good idea too.

Offline peejay1977

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Explorer XR
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 10:36:22 AM »
If you don't have access to the MyRoute website thingy, you can create the route in Google Maps, then export it as a KML file, convert it to GPX using http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input and then import into MyDrive. Sounds a pain but it's not.

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »
Interesting i did succeed in using the mydrive app yesterday for a route and it mirrored what i wanted  :046:- Tom Tom seem to be having big issues with some software update for older satnavs - i wonder when i was trying before they were in the middle of some refresh - it still does seem quite as simple as it was before to create an itinerary on the satnav itself   

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by peejay1977 [+]
If you don't have access to the MyRoute website thingy, you can create the route in Google Maps, then export it as a KML file, convert it to GPX using http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input and then import into MyDrive. Sounds a pain but it's not.
I can't get that to work, it only wants to import a GPX file with a track. Have you that working with Tom Tom MyDrive?

Offline peejay1977

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Explorer XR
  • City / Town: Warrington
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 02:02:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
I can't get that to work, it only wants to import a GPX file with a track. Have you that working with Tom Tom MyDrive?

MyDrive only accepts a GPX file but you can use the website I posted to convert either a Google Maps URL to a GPX file or a KML export from Google Maps to GPX.

Recent Topics