Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Saddle Craft - rebuilt seat first impressions  (Read 495 times)

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Saddle Craft - rebuilt seat first impressions
« on: April 10, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
Well after a few weeks up in the North East, my seat has returned. For the base I used a Gen 1 heated seat, really so that my original seat could go with the bike if I ever sold it (not happening)

After pulling two of these apart, the innards from Triumph are really quite shameful. It's no wonder many people find them crippling.

The new seat only uses the original plastic base and the heating element. The rest is new including the 1 inch thick gel pad. The cover has been replaced to accommodate the extra stuffing. The material isn't a perfect match but I couldn't really care less about that. The stitching is beautiful. I rather wish I'd had that done in a coloured thread now I've seen it.

It must weight at least double the original seat. I could weigh them I suppose. But the second you pick it up the difference is immediate.

To sit on, well first impressions are that it's a far better contour and more supportive. But I won't know until I go for a ride ...later. It can't be worse, can it?

Offline Chaz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer
  • City / Town: Livingston
Re: Saddle Craft - rebuilt seat first impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 11:36:50 PM »
Who did you use ?

Offline Fazer

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Tyneside
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:34:44 AM »
*Originally Posted by Chaz [+]
Who did you use ?

Doesn’t the subject of the thread give it away? See here https://www.saddlecraft.co.uk/

Offline Chaz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer
  • City / Town: Livingston
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
Never noticed Frazer  :008:

Recent Topics