Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Puncture kit  (Read 1430 times)

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
Re: Puncture kit
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 09:06:43 PM »

*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Same here. At least three punctunres in recent years. Always with Michelin PR3 or PR4. Always on the rear.
Last time it was slightly off center, so I had to replace the tire (which was almost worn anyway). So not everytime inside the threads.

As for TPMS it's indeed a great help, but the cost and maintainability is unjustifiable (IMHO), when compared to such low cost (yet effective and robust) solutions: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Motorcycle-Waterproof-TPMS-Tire-Pressure-Monitor-System-2-Sensors-LCD/273746544956?epid=9030806808&hash=item3fbc90c93c:g:Bp4AAOSweWtcfzg2

This incredibly cheap piece of kit have been working reliably on my bikes for more than one year now. I charge the receiver once every two or three months and didn't have to replace the emitters batteries yet.

Totally agree Nik - why are the ones in my Mazda car still fine 8 years old - Triumph ones useless after 3 years and more than double the price than my car !!  :155:

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
Re: Puncture kit
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »
I have the same accessory tyre tyre pressure monitor on mine and can't fault it for £30. It's been on for 18 months and just needs the screen charged every few months which is quick off the USB slot I also have on the screen bar. It's accurate to my 2 digital guages and very reassuring to have. Only recommended for metal valve stems though as rubber stems can bend with the sensors on them.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Recent Topics

nonskid