Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Roscoff-Santander with just 1 overnight?  (Read 814 times)

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: Roscoff-Santander with just 1 overnight?
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 10:48:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by eps [+]
Hope the Pont Aven is back on - I'm away on Friday and this is menat to be part of the return trip on bank holiday Monday. So looking forward to getting a few miles in France !!  :001:

Check where Pont Aven is leaving from online:     www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferry-routes/planning/sailing-updates
Portsmouth routes have been changed to Plymouth!

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
Thanks Will - they have emailed me a timing delay - nothing major - but thanks for the info.  :002:

Offline Kernowboy

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2012 Tex
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by TotnesSteve [+]
There’s a nice ferry that takes you over the mouth of the Gironde that allows you to bypass Bordeaux. Recommended. You can see it on the map, when you look, but you could easily not notice it. Nice restaurant as you get off the boat.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for that, I'd seen that ferry on google maps when trying to plan a route but dismissed it because of time restraints, given the extra day that's now do-able!  :028:
No, it's just me, Mrs K sending me with her blessing!  :002:

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 02:40:55 PM »
Just heard there's a 2nd "technical problem" with the Pont Aven and more cancellations this weekend. Hope they get it sorted before we go in early June. I could cope with a delay or different port but an outright cancellation would probably scupper the entire trip.

Recent Topics