Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New to this site  (Read 268 times)

Offline Oggie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger explorer 1215
  • City / Town: Wigan
New to this site
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »
Hi all,  I'm new to the triumph scene, and I must say I love it, I owned a Honda vtr 1000 for 14 years, I know swearing on here already, I am wondering if anyone has any engine bars and tank bars for sale, and which would you recommend, as its a very heavy bike to what I'm used to and I really don't want to drop it. Thanks in advance.
Oggie

Offline Tiger Lad

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Exp 1200 xrt
  • City / Town: Chippenham
Re: New to this site
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »
Hi  :400: to the forum lots of info here on this site. I installed sw motech upper crash bars easy to fit, they say the heed bars are good? My lower bars were already on the bike.   :031:

Offline Oggie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »
Thank you tiger lad, appreciate the reply
  :821:

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »
 :400: to the family. Get upper crash bars (SW-Motech) and Triump's lower crash bards. And don't be afraid to drop the bike - it's an adventure bike it's made for that. Also, please learn how to pick it up - here is me, picking up my bike after I gracefully dumped it on the ground for this lovely video. I swear I wasn't drunk.

With the upper crash bars, when the bike drops, you won't be pinned under the bike and you can actually wrap yourself around the bike and you will be safer.

list=PLxqmR9rmjZVT3wwYzkTPRZH6No5dGOG8Y&index=3
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Oggie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:42 PM »
Cheers for that advice icy, I've been wondering which to get first, upper or lower, you've just answered that cheers buddy :821:

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 09:12:24 PM »
Got lower crash bars on mine - been useful a few times  !! What a fab bike though - did 29k on mine in 4 years and its still going great !! :001:

Offline ngnlnv

• Explorer Member
  • enjoy life it aint a practice.
  • Bike: Triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Wirral
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »
 :400:Oggie. Had mine about 8 months now from a VFR 1200, and felt  I was sure I was going to drop it every time I went out. But you just get used to it after time. Then you wonder what all the fuss was about. Yes it's no light weight but we'll worth the effort. Such a comfy competent all round bike that handles way better in the twistie bits than it should and excellent on fuel for such a big bike.
Enjoy. H

Offline Oggie

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 05:10:24 AM »
That's good to know, thanks for the advice, a couple of you only up the road from me, so probably see you on the m6 one day ha ha :821: :087:

Recent Topics