Author Topic: The New Daytona - Aug 2019 reveal  (Read 1209 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
The New Daytona - Aug 2019 reveal
on: July 25, 2019, 01:27:02 PM
So Triumph have decided to release a road based version of the racing Daytona (as expected). Specs and pricing will be revealed at Silverstone on August 23rd.

Limited to 750 machines but in two versions, one for Europe and Asia, and one for the US and Canada. (So 1500 machines in total) Both will feature a new Moto2TM derived 765cc triple engine inside a championship-winning sports-focused chassis, delivering the highest power and torque ever from a production 765cc, plus the highest specification of equipment ever, and a limited edition race paint scheme.

Dealer taking €1000 deposits now. If it's anything like the TFC Rocket 3 these will be gone in a week or two.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: The New Daytona - Aug 2019 reveal
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 04:34:08 PM
Based on the designer sketch, it doesn't look that much different from the old Daytona...
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 01:58:31 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Based on the designer sketch, it doesn't look that much different from the old Daytona...
Didn't put anybody off, dealers could book bikes from 10am this morning, all gone by noon, every last one of them!

Offline Regi T

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 04:22:26 AM
So much for test riding a bike before you buy  :008:

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 10:48:25 AM
Was just in Triumph Dublin ordering up some Daytona 1200 parts. Just had a look at that Daytona right next to a Rocket TFC. The quality of the finish on both bikes is truly exceptional in the flesh. The Daytona is a superb looking thing. Both totally impractical bikes but you have to have some madness in the world.

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:54 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Was just in Triumph Dublin ordering up some Daytona 1200 parts. Just had a look at that Daytona right next to a Rocket TFC. The quality of the finish on both bikes is truly exceptional in the flesh. The Daytona is a superb looking thing. Both totally impractical bikes but you have to have some madness in the world.

Had similar experience at my dealer. Lots of TFCs waiting collection. Looked so good I wanted a R3 for the first time. There were a couple of TFC Thruxtons too.
They only had 1 Daytona, again sold, looking fantastic & very tempting = so much so I searched for any still unsold. Sadly a reality check of my aching decrepit old body makes it a pipedream rather than realistic ambition  :157:

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:15:32 AM
Well, I looked carefully at the new RIIIs on last Friday and I must say that even the regular versions are cracking hot! And the finish will make HDs look like rusty trashcans.
I always dreamt about having one and the new model doesn't help!

nonskid