Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OEM or EBC Brake Pads (Gen-2)?  (Read 474 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: OEM or EBC Brake Pads (Gen-2)?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 08:09:17 AM »
Yes, I didn’t say EBC were inferior, just that you don’t know whether they match your disc as good as the OEM or not.

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:28 PM »
I didn't care for the OEM pads on my Gen 1  bike...tossed them in the trash at about 1200 miles...replaced with EBC HH  ...the lever feels much better and naturally  it stops much better.

Did pretty much the same with my last bike but went with Galfer on that one

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 04:13:14 PM »
I have to say that in my experience keeping the brake fluid fresh seems to make a real difference. Bikes are very exposed and the brakes work hard on these big bikes. I have a vacuum bleed so every few weeks or so, I suck out a mouthful (not literally) of fluid from each caliper and the clutch too. You can see that it's dirty in the clear pipe. Just sharpens them up. I think if I waited until it had been in there two years and had Triumph change the fluid at the service interval, it would probably have me over the bars at the first junction. It takes me less than 15 mins to do both bikes.

Online Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 07:35:36 PM »
I dont know about the gen 2, but on the gen 3, you have to stay away from the HH series II for the rear brake. One of the pads in the set is 9mm thicker and it will drag. Personal experience. EBC could not explain the reason for the difference and sent me a new set of "HH" pads, fit perfect. As to quality, I have used EBC's on my dirt bikes as well as my street bike, never had a complaint. :047:

Recent Topics

nonskid