Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Saddlemen Adventure track seat -- has anyone here tried it ?  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Solidsnake

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Gällivare
Saddlemen Adventure track seat -- has anyone here tried it ?
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:38:44 PM »
So, yeah as the title suggests.

I've been thinking about that seat, perhaps buying it for next summer, but since it costs many moneys I was wondering if anyone here has experience with one ?

Offline ZShyster

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC & Trophy
  • City / Town: Elmhurst IL
Re: Saddlemen Adventure track seat -- has anyone here tried it ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »
I have the Adventure Track Seat.  I only bought the solo seat and mine is the low version. I had actually had the full rider and pillion Adventure Tour Seat and did not like the pillion so I saw no need to buy it for the Adventure Track.

I found the center gut out interesting, it definitely relieves pressure on the private part for longer rides.  The low version was helpful to me and was about 1 inch lower than the standard I am told.

I found the seat comfortable for 3-4 hour rides.  My problem is that I have a rather wide rear end and this seat left some of it unsupported which limited its use on long trips.  For long trips I prefer my corbin with an airhawk cushion.  I can go for 8-9 hours a day easily.

That said, for normal 3-5 hour trips, the Adventure Track is great and if your bottom is more normal size, you should not experience the all day problems I did.

Ride Safe

ZShyster

Offline Solidsnake

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Gällivare
Re: Saddlemen Adventure track seat -- has anyone here tried it ?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZShyster [+]
I have the Adventure Track Seat.  I only bought the solo seat and mine is the low version. I had actually had the full rider and pillion Adventure Tour Seat and did not like the pillion so I saw no need to buy it for the Adventure Track.

I found the center gut out interesting, it definitely relieves pressure on the private part for longer rides.  The low version was helpful to me and was about 1 inch lower than the standard I am told.

I found the seat comfortable for 3-4 hour rides.  My problem is that I have a rather wide rear end and this seat left some of it unsupported which limited its use on long trips.  For long trips I prefer my corbin with an airhawk cushion.  I can go for 8-9 hours a day easily.

That said, for normal 3-5 hour trips, the Adventure Track is great and if your bottom is more normal size, you should not experience the all day problems I did.

Ride Safe

ZShyster

Thanks for a detailed reply, much appreciated. I would say my ass is normal in size, and I'm leaning heavily towards trying this seat. It's just that the store that sells them in Sweden won't let me return it if I don't like it, since the seat wouldn't be brand new anymore.
And 3-5 maybe 5,5 hours is usually what I get out of a days worth of riding, The occasional 8-10 days on my Austria trip but usually 5 and the stock seat on the XC is not doing it for me

But I still think I'm gonna buy it next summer
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:59:40 PM by Solidsnake »

Recent Topics

nonskid