Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)  (Read 476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline XCaTel

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 906
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
  • Country: Ireland
Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« on: September 22, 2019, 08:49:42 PM »
A long way off I know but tickets are up for the earlybird prices of €55/£50 for the weekend for ABR Festival 2020. I am planning to go to this leaving Dublin on the 2am Ferry Friday. This is Adventure Bike Rider Magazine's yearly event which is growing in statue year by year. Over 2000 bikes this year and support from all mainstream motorcycle manufacturers. I've never been and look forward to seeing what the craic is. Beer is £3 a pint, see you in the beer tent! Any 2019 attendees on the forum, any feedback?


Offline guiri

  • Explorer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 120
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
  • Country: UK
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 12:00:51 PM »
Hi XCaTel

I went this year and enjoyed the beer and test rides. Entertainment (music) and camping facilities were first class as well. I'm going to book my early bird ticket again soon, and look forward to seeing you and any other forum members there!

Cheers
guiri

Offline XCaTel

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 906
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
  • Country: Ireland
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:35:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by guiri [+]
Hi XCaTel

I went this year and enjoyed the beer and test rides. Entertainment (music) and camping facilities were first class as well. I'm going to book my early bird ticket again soon, and look forward to seeing you and any other forum members there!

Cheers
guiri
Excellent, I'll bump into you there! My bike will be sporting the Triumph Riders Ireland logo.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 12:37:52 PM by XCaTel »

Offline Stillwobbling

  • Explorer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 402
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
  • Country: UK
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 08:13:25 AM »
I really fancy this but in terms of timing, it's almost a year away. Not sure my diary can project that far ahead. I'm maybe being cynical, but advertising limited tickets, this far ahead and the early bird special is a clever marketing tool to ensure a sell out well in advance. They won't sell a single full price ticket - which is frankly a ridiculous price and designed to get you to sign up early.  :164:

Hey sure - go or don't go but don't bitch about it; I hear you. But if you wait to see if you can get the time, there won't be any tickets other than day passes which incidentally are the same price as the early bird tickets.  Hmm.

Maybe I just slept badly last night and I'm extra grumpy.  :008: But with two of us wanting to go, it's £100 in their account not mine and with no guarantee that I can make it.

Offline guiri

  • Explorer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 120
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
  • Country: UK
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »
I'm lucky that I can organise my life around motorcycling  :745:

Seriously, if you don't want to pay for a full price ticket and don't want an early bird either, there are other ways to leave it until the last minute and still get some money off... At least two of the headline sponsors (Bennetts and Rev'It) were offering discount codes in their newsletters.

Cheers
guiri

Offline XCaTel

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 906
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
  • Country: Ireland
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 11:03:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
I really fancy this but in terms of timing, it's almost a year away. Not sure my diary can project that far ahead. I'm maybe being cynical, but advertising limited tickets, this far ahead and the early bird special is a clever marketing tool to ensure a sell out well in advance. They won't sell a single full price ticket - which is frankly a ridiculous price and designed to get you to sign up early.  :164:

Hey sure - go or don't go but don't bitch about it; I hear you. But if you wait to see if you can get the time, there won't be any tickets other than day passes which incidentally are the same price as the early bird tickets.  Hmm.

Maybe I just slept badly last night and I'm extra grumpy.  :008: But with two of us wanting to go, it's £100 in their account not mine and with no guarantee that I can make it.
Jeez you did get out of the wrong side of bed!  :008:  Last year I left it too late and missed the earlybird tickets but I reckon they will be onsale for a good while yet.  I think the €55 is good value for two nights camping along with the facilities & entertainment but yes I agree, I would struggle justifying a full price ticket. The £3 a pint is a boon and you are welcome to bring your own food and alcohol too. I went to a two day festival this summer here in Ireland and there was a strict "no bringing your own alcohol" with strict bag checks at the gate. You were then gouged out of it for sh#tty burgers and massively overpriced alcohol. Tickets were €200 for the two days! So I'm cool with the €55 and can live with it being in their account rather than mine.

Offline Stillwobbling

  • Explorer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 402
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
  • Country: UK
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »
Cheers I'll check that out.

Once of a day I'd have just bought them. But things are so tight at the moment they're beginning to squeak. July is a good time for going away and I'm just thinking that we might go back to Morocco or something and it would just be annoying if this weekend shagged up any plans.  Probably quite easy to pass on the tickets to someone else I guess.

Offline Stillwobbling

  • Explorer Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 402
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
  • Country: UK
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »
I have had a coffee now so I'm feeling much better. Thanks.  :002:

Offline XCaTel

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 906
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
  • Country: Ireland
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
 
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
I have had a coffee now so I'm feeling much better. Thanks.  :002:
:745: I'm on my 2nd so I'm good!

Online Xtof

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 75
  • Bike: Explorer Xrt '19
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
  • Country: BE
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 12:20:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
  :745: I'm on my 2nd so I'm good!

Those are rookie numbers... You gotta pump those numbers up!  :018:

 


Recent Topics