Author Topic: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)  (Read 4525 times)

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Adventure-Bike-Rider-Festival-2020 (UK)
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 01:38:23 PM
This just in today...01/10/19

If you’re thinking of joining us at the Festival, today is the day to guarantee the best deal on tickets. If tickets keep selling at the current rate, then the discounted Early Bird Tickets will sell out over the next two days.

Offline guiri

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 10:35:18 PM
So... we all know what happened in 2020...

The ABR Festival is however taking place this weekend 25 - 27 June 2021. I'll be there on my red XRT, looking forward to seeing any of you who make it this year!  :046:

Cheers
guiri

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 08:18:40 AM
I won't make it. Restrictions on travelling back into Ireland are so onerous it just isn't worth it. I will have to find a private testing centre for a PCR test mid festival to guarantee results in time to be allowed to travel back on the ferry. No results and you don't get on the ferry. I could end up being out of pocket big time looking for accommodation etc. I will also be required to quarantine for 14 days once back.

I have already contacted the organisers and they will not refund the ticket for me and fellow travellers and will not roll them to next year either. It is not the organisers fault the Irish restrictions are so tough but they could of showed some solidarity with those whose journey just isn't practical or potentially extremely expensive. That is a poor show to my mind. :187:

Offline guiri

• Explorer Pro
Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 09:59:20 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
I won't make it.

Sorry to hear that. Let's hope things get back to "normal" as soon as possible!

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 10:58:05 AM
Let's hope so. I was really looking forward to it. I even replaced my pretend "Trangia" from Aldi with a real Trangia made in Sweden which is so much better and picked up a new sleeping mattress  :003: .

Offline Champy72

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Colchester
Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 10:49:54 PM
Fortunately, I only have an Essex to Warwickshire ride to contend with, so I'll definitely be there!

Will be booking the 20Km off road trail; Honda Africa Twin, Ducati Multistrada anc KTM test rides. Why? I love my Explorer but Triumph HQ seems to be on a downward spiral...
Some parts were quoted delivery in 3 months, now it is 6 months and no guarantee of meeting that date! What is going on? There are manufacturing firms in this country that could easily sort out parts pro tem.

It seems they are all out for selling as many new models as possible and leaving us die hard supporters in the mire. Customer service? I don't think so.

I just had to order a part from USA at obviously higher cost due to shipping, as I wasn't prepared to be fobbed off any longer...

Not sure, but it seems that the John Bloor days (he left a business card on our Tiger group bikes saying 'thanks for your support') have sadly passed and the new CEO - Nick Bloor - appears not to have the same commitment and passion for his customers as his Father displayed...

This could easily push me to A.N. Other bike...

Anyway, it would be good to see fellow Explorer/1200 owners there!!!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline guiri

• Explorer Pro
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 06:03:32 PM
I test rode the HD Pan American as Mick Extance was taking people around the adventure trail (no road riding), so I thought it would be a good experience whatever the bike. Definitely learnt some useful off road techniques on a heavy bike, and I now know what 250kg sliding sideways in mud feels like!

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 05:33:51 PM
Well a change of heart from the organiser's, they rolled my tickets over to next year, very happy.

Offline guiri

• Explorer Pro
Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 06:44:26 AM
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Well a change of heart from the organiser's, they rolled my tickets over to next year, very happy.

:046:

nonskid