Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Barkbuster LEDs  (Read 237 times)

Offline kgpowder

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer '14
Barkbuster LEDs
« on: October 09, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »
 :148: So I thought I'd be smart a buy a set of Barkbuster LED lights to fit to my VPS hand guards. Mounting was no problem, but now I'm stumped with the wiring. The instructions tell me to use an ignition powered aux plug and negative plug and if that's not available connect to the headlight or dash/instrument light. I didn't want to try to connect to the headlight so tried to connect it to the wiring for the electrical accessory socket using the supplied JOW T Connector. That didn't work. Anyone fit this before and how'd you do it? Cheers

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrx
  • City / Town: Totnes
Re: Barkbuster LEDs
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 05:59:38 PM »
I fitted similar (see previous posts). I ran cable from a fuse block under the seat.
--------
If not now, when?

Offline kgpowder

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »
Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 11:45:30 PM »
If you have a Gen-1 Explorer then you can get away with easier wiring than those of us with a Gen-2/3. You will probably find that you can take a feed off of the horn to power the Barkbuster LED's. On Gen-2/3 machines you would need to install a fuseblock and run off of that.

Given in your Avatar you suggest a '14 Tex, then you should get away with picking up your positive by piggy backing off the horn

Offline kgpowder

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 12:07:35 PM »
Thanks Hawkeye - I'll see if that works

Recent Topics

nonskid