Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Heated seat, am i expecting too much  (Read 858 times)

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Heated seat, am i expecting too much
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »
Since starting that post, my wife is now riding an 800 15 plate and her seat gets really warm too. The gen 1 and gen 2 seats work in different ways. I haven't read back to see if I covered this.
The older seat has two separate heating coils for low and high heat. The gen 2 seat only has one coil and the heat is somehow controlled via an ECU I guess, somewhere on the bike which controls the supply current. It's easy to see - the gen 2 seat has two wires - send and return. The gen 1 seat has 5 or 6 from memory and when I did some testing it's clear that there are two individual supplies. I took a gen 1 seat and had it rebuilt. I have yet to wire it in to my bike, but all it will take is to pinch the supply from the bike, join the two coils together and add the return. However, as it's controlled by the bike and not the number of coils now, I've no idea how warm it's going to get.

Offline Expotheone

• Explorer Junior
  • No comment
  • Bike: Tex 2017
  • City / Town: Rijkevorsel
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 10:52:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by ngnlnv [+]
Fitted one to my 2013 Tex a couple of months ago, and it gets very toasty, so have to turn it off before me sausage is cooked. Problem is trying to locate the switch when your riding along :005:
Need to get out and practice that one a bit more often, but yes I think you have an issue.
H

Same on my 2017 tex, I never use the extra crisp setting. Always have to stop to switch heating off, to warm, dont wanna look while driving where the switch is.
The backseat had some issues with the heating, but just checked the connecters and it seems there was a bad connetion. Wife loves it, I dont. If only she had a switch :164:
If I wanna drive a mercedes, I'll call a cab

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »
My 2018 doesn't get very warm, neither did my 2012.  If you think about it you can feel a little heat but nothing I could every say would get anywhere near uncomfortable.  Now my 2019 Indian Roadmaster has seats and grips that you can't run on high because they will cook you right off the bike.

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 06:01:05 PM »
have had mine on today ( 2012)  - position two nice and toasty - position 1 not much feel but warm - wearing Rukka with liners in  - bike filthy again so another wash
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Recent Topics

nonskid