Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Free Spirits - Gen-3 Sat Nav Mount  (Read 447 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
Free Spirits - Gen-3 Sat Nav Mount
« on: January 15, 2020, 11:38:00 PM »
I appreciate that there was a recent thread on here about a homemade Sat Nav mount for the Tiger 1200 / Gen-3, it seems now that a company has put something similar into production. Not cheap though.

https://www.arhcustom.co.uk/product/free-spirits-gps-navigator-support-for-triumph-tiger-1200-309023r/48480

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Free Spirits - Gen-3 Sat Nav Mount
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 12:02:38 AM »
I mentioned this unit a good while back. While some video bloggers sing its praises (free gear?) others on here have tried it and universally panned it.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:19 AM »
If you order from them make sure you get the correct one.

The one above (first post) is from VIN 740277 to VIN 927969

They do another 3 types for the TE again dependent on VIN so choose carefully  :038:

Offline Xtof

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrt '19
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
I appreciate that there was a recent thread on here about a homemade Sat Nav mount for the Tiger 1200 / Gen-3, it seems now that a company has put something similar into production. Not cheap though.

https://www.arhcustom.co.uk/product/free-spirits-gps-navigator-support-for-triumph-tiger-1200-309023r/48480

Hawkeye,

this is the unit my dealer sold me to begin with, and I was ABSOLUTELY NOT happy with it.
It has the same problem as the other one, namely that it is fixed to the top two screws that hold your windscreen. Even worse than the other one actually.
Here the weight of bracket + GPS both hang on the screen, and wobble like crazy.

The difference is really in the points where the mount is fixed. With the 'forum' satnav bracket, that is on two 'fixed' points, not on the screen mounts.

I strongly advise against this... out of my own experience.

My dealer actually paid it back, and bought a 'forum' bracket to test as well...
Awesome service. Kudos to Motoparts Wevelgem (I should write a small review on the forum about them...)

Hope this helps!
Cheers mate!

Offline Chris.p955

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger955 norton domi
  • City / Town: Runcorn
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
I brought one of these of ebay. 362773273804
It's working well so far. I will be out on a long motorway run of Sunday so it will get a full test

Recent Topics

nonskid