Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TFT connectivety System  (Read 1549 times)

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: TFT connectivety System
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 10:40:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pailton [+]
Do we know if the connectivity system is Bluetooth?  :027:
Yes. You can download the user manual here...

https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9820200-EN.pdf

Triumph use COBO's "IN2 Router" CAN-Bluetooth converter module, the same (I believe) as used by Ducati. More info on the module here...

https://www.cobogroup.net/en/products01/products/22-electronic-control-unit/136-remote-assistance---remote-control/in2-routerdetail.html

Internally the unit uses a standard Texas Instruments CC2564N HCI module for the Bluetooth comms. There's also a Freescale processor in there for handling the CAN bus interfacing. Interestingly, the EU Declaration of Conformity is only dated September 2019, which may explain some of the reason for Triumph's delay in getting this out there?

...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 02:20:37 PM »
on looking up the website on the device, it appears to be a manager. this concerns me as I had a 2013 Trophy and could never get the blue tooth system to work right. i think i'll just stick with my sena and tom tom, i don't use the sound part of the gps anyway. :169:

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: OJAI
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 05:36:09 PM »
I'm getting the update as soon as it is available. I have been using my GoPro Smart Remote (strapped around my clutch reservoir) to control my GoPro and it isn't the "safest" way to do it. Having the GoPro controls on the TFT/Joystick is worth it for me. The other stuff (phone and music) will be cool, to have but it's the GoPro connectivity that has me wanting it!
"You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Offline brbo

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger XCA 1200
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »
Hey KenW

I just joined the forum, and this is one of my main upgrades since getting the bike...I've downloaded the FAQ and Manual listed in this thread however haven't had a chance to go through it yet.... how do you know that it won't work with your sena (comms)... I apologize if this has been covered but you got me wondering now after your comments.... Thank You

*Originally Posted by KenW [+]
If I could keep the comms working, I'd consider it.  But I can't see how that would be possible.

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: OJAI
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
brbo, am I reading your post correctly, did you get the update for your TFT?

I don't see why it wouldn't work with the SENA. They had Bluetooth on the Trophy that worked great for a couple of SENA models I had so they already have experience in that area.
"You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Offline brbo

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger XCA 1200
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 09:56:51 PM »
Sorry no - 'this is one of the main updates I want to get !!'

The only reason for the question is on how KenW said it would not work with Comms.....

I'll get around to reading more details posted here....

On my Trophy I connected any external electronics to the phone (ie. Sena); than the phone was the only piece connected by BT to the bike. This allowed seamless Sena operation, Music on the Phone, and Calls from the Phone to work perfectly; connecting this way was the only route to allow the Music (USB) from bike, XM from Bike, OE Garmin from the bike, and Bike Radio....to also broadcast over the Sena.... siri even worked on iPhone commands - everything essentially came to the phone - I believe the bike only allowed one connection so I used that to the phone to allow everything to work properly. I have no idea how this new setup will work - but I would surmise that this is all way more current and allows all connections either way compared to my old 2014 Trophy....

*Originally Posted by mike2411 [+]
brbo, am I reading your post correctly, did you get the update for your TFT?

Online KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2020, 10:43:37 PM »
I don't know that the the bike connection to the phone will stop it working with the Sena headset.
I'm just think that the phone only allows a media and a phone Bluetooth connection, both of which currently go to my headset.

I'll wait for a report on here from an early adopter.  I'm not confidant that the one and only dealer in my area would know what it can do.

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by KenW [+]
I don't know that the the bike connection to the phone will stop it working with the Sena headset.
I'm just think that the phone only allows a media and a phone Bluetooth connection, both of which currently go to my headset.

I'll wait for a report on here from an early adopter.  I'm not confidant that the one and only dealer in my area would know what it can do.

My headset connects to my Garmin and my phone also connects to the garmin and calls come through the garmin to the headset.
There is also the pillion connection that switches in and out depending on voice instructions from the garmin

Surely the bike device will work in a similar way to the garmin unit  :187: :187:

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Online KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »
I use a Sena SR10 to connect my CB to my Sena headset.  I don't believe that's possible with the Garmin GPS in the Bluetooth mix. 
The SR10 can however, take audio input from the GPS (though I haven't tried it).

Offline rgh999

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer 2016 XCX
  • City / Town: Porthcawl
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 08:34:12 PM »
Visor down
Aside from the obvious benefits of not having to work out a six-figure grid reference, the system could come in extremely handy for directing the emergency services to your location if you are at a location with no known street address, green laning for instance.

It has proved that successful that even the emergency services in the UK have adopted the method as a way of accurately and quickly locating a casualty or an incident. If you ring for an ambulance and are in the middle of nowhere, for instance, the three words can quickly point help in the right direction.

Triumph’s latest Tiger 900 uses the what3words technology to make route-finding and navigating, via the Bluetooth equipped TFT screen, easier. All you have to do is input the waypoints (in word form) into the My Triumph app, and the system works with the TFT providing you with waypoints via the screen’s turn by turn navigation.

We tried the system out while riding off-piste in Morocco and I have to admit, it’s very simple and intuitive to use and, when combined with the Tiger 900’s super clear and extremely large TFT dash, much easier than glancing down at a handlebar-mounted sat nav or such like.

If anything, the only downside to the app is that all the rude words have been removed – now where’s the fun in that?
Carefree wherever you may be.

Recent Topics