Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking of selling ?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
Thinking of selling ?
« on: December 30, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
Hi all, thinking aloud here. considering of selling my gen2 xcx. bike faultless but I do struggle with weight especially two up with luggage. Have had 800xrx and 2016 tiger sport previously both of which I was very happy with. considering going back to the tiger sport but not a huge weight saving,(approx. 60lbs).Or should I wait till 900 is about in march and try that ?. Anyone else in similar quandry,?

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
Re: Thinking of selling ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 08:19:17 PM »
I'd wait if I were you. Maybe you can get a good incentive purchase, trade-in deal of some sort.

PS: On my third tiger and I don't suffer from any weight related problems. So I am not a good candidate on the "but..." department.
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
It's not nice if you struggle with the weight and if anyone ever asks I recommend the XRx Low if they can't flat foot completely on the regular models. If you are a keen two up traveller take heed of the max load capacity of any replacement, some bikes are VERY restrictive. Yamaha 900GT springs to mind, top box OR Panniers and a measly load carrying capacity of 167Kg with the panniers fitted.

I'm sure the Tiger 900 will be a great bike and if you can wait it must be worth hanging around for a test drive and check out the low version first if you can. The new 2020 Kawasaki Z1000 (Ninja) is going to be a sure fire big seller in the UK (as it is now) with a much lower COG, probably 35Kg lighter than the T12 and new modern electronics. Oooh, the excitement of choosing a new bike!

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:44:26 PM »
Decisions, decisions...... :084:
I'm thinking of trading in my Tex so want to test ride the new 900......... :084:
But there's also the possibility of some great discounts from dealers wanting to clear their stock of 800s once the new bike hits the showrooms....... :084:
Or I might get something completely different......I had a fun test ride on a Speed Twin when that  came out...... :084:

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 04:34:05 AM »
I recently bought an almost new Royal Enfield Himalayan. I spent the past 6 weeks getting it ready for a trip to Mexico. After it was loaded in the trailer I went to move my TEX in the garage. I was immediately shocked to discover how tall and heavy my TEX is relative to the Hima. I could see myself phasing over to something smaller. The Hima is an inexpensive experiment. We will see how it compares.  :084:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:01:38 AM »
I love my shaft drive, and I don't think I could give up my cruise control!

The T1200 is heavy for me, but what else could I carry two heavyish people with lots of luggage on?

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »
I'm with Ken on this.

However, if the hassle of a chain drive isn't a deal breaker for you, I believe the upcoming 900 could be what you're looking for. With its new engine position, the CoG might be lower.

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 09:35:32 AM »
Thanks for comments. My biggest issues are stationary on uneven ground with my 28" inside leg, trying to move bike, especially in wet. I have lowered the bike 20mm and shoved the forks through the yokes. When I try and push the bike about I always keep side stand down. My other half is lightweight and im not heavy so was wondering if the 800 would be powerful enough. Now if you put the 1050 engine in the 800 frame, !!!

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »
If TSAS equipped don’t forget to put in in off-road mode when paddling around. It will lower the rear Preload some more giving you a little more purchase with your feet. I think the XRx low is a good 50mm lower, that probably would of suited you better (and me with my 29/30” leg).

Offline TRITIGEX

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: DH
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 10:11:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
Hi all, thinking aloud here. considering of selling my gen2 xcx. bike faultless but I do struggle with weight especially two up with luggage. Have had 800xrx and 2016 tiger sport previously both of which I was very happy with. considering going back to the tiger sport but not a huge weight saving,(approx. 60lbs).Or should I wait till 900 is about in march and try that ?. Anyone else in similar quandry,?
I have been thinking about going back to a Tiger Sport too.
On request of several members of the tiger 1050 forum I posted a comparison based on my experience with  both Sport  and 1200

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,40951.msg452466.html#msg452466

I hope and expect that Triumph will make changes to the Tiger Sport in 2020 to comply with Euro 5 legislation.
Best wishes for 2020 to you all
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:14:32 AM by TRITIGEX »

Recent Topics

nonskid