Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thinking of selling ?  (Read 2439 times)

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Thinking of selling ?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 10:31:58 AM »
Yes, the Tiger Sport is the forgotten child!

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 11:25:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Not just forgotten. Non-existent in some markets.  :003:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 11:31:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]

:0461: Always surprised T haven't developed it more.

Online redmerle

• Explorer God
  • Keeper of the outrageous paint job!
  • Bike: '13 Gen 1, from new
  • City / Town: Liskeard
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »
Personally, I’d spend some of the new bike funds on gym membership instead 👍

Once the New Year’s Resolution crown have died down around February, I will be  :001:

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »
The Tiger sport is not long for the range i am guessing - so you need one hell of a deal - i would try the 900 - there is no substitute for cc in my mind - i would want any less power personally   
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »
I am keeping an eye out on the 900 but I won't even think of one for the next year.  I would want to wait for the first year gremlins to shake out.  I also want to see how it is going to stack up to the competition.   I still love my 1200 though so for me the 900 would have to be an upgrade and not a small sidestep. 

Personally I would be OK with chain and less power, it isn't like I keep the throttle plates wide open much on the 1200. 

Offline Zeebad

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XCx
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »
I am looking at the 900 with very serious interest. I moved to the 1200 in 2018 from an ageing (but still brilliant) 10 year old Tiger 1050 that I absolutely loved and had got some nice upgrades on over the years. But it was getting on a bit and I was beguiled by the 1200 engine at first test ride, so made the jump. Now there's a lot to love about the 1200, but I'm really starting to come to the conclusion that it's just too damn heavy for the way I prefer to ride. It handles well for such a big bike, but mass is still mass and physics is still physics, meaning I'm not enjoying it as much in the twisties as my old bike. I find myself overly cautious on corner entry to allow for anything unexpected that means I have to scrub speed against the extra mass, then powering out of the corner once I'm happy with it. Still kinda fun, but it doesn't quite fire the right neurons for me like the 1050 did. Then I had an 800 for the day for its first annual service and had an absolute hoot! I'm not keen on the styling of the 800 though, so was very interested in the new 900. There's a very good chance I'll be on one of those instead by the end of the year.

Offline ijinak

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Alaska
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2020, 04:13:10 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, so I took a lengthy test drive on a new 800. Very nice, but felt really wishy washy compared to my Explorer. I decided to hold on to it, and just put up with the extra weight

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »
Well ive had a test ride on a19 reg 800xrt with approx. 500 miles on clock. took my pillion who is a lightweight to see if pulled 2 up okay. Initial impressions are that it is a very good bike. pulled really well 2 up ,easy peasy to ride but rear suspension felt crap after the explorer on a bumpy surface. pillion didn't like it, said she couldn't see over me. Also it felt cheap, maybe better when properly bedded in. I had a 15 reg xrx 3/4 years ago and im sure that felt a lot nicer. I did 11k miles on xrx in 10 months. Will wait till march and try the 900. if I had to commute 20/25 mile each way daily one up I would be very tempted with a late 800. Made me realise how good my explorer is.

Offline knapdog

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Barry
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I recently bought an almost new Royal Enfield Himalayan. I spent the past 6 weeks getting it ready for a trip to Mexico. After it was loaded in the trailer I went to move my TEX in the garage. I was immediately shocked to discover how tall and heavy my TEX is relative to the Hima. I could see myself phasing over to something smaller. The Hima is an inexpensive experiment. We will see how it compares.  :084:

How are you finding the Himalayan?
Stay between the hedges!

Recent Topics