Author Topic: Re: Special Edition Tiger 1200's - Alpine and Desert  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Scoby

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: White Tex
  • City / Town: Wexford
Re: Special Edition Tiger 1200's - Alpine and Desert
Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 06:02:42 PM
At the price point that they have launched them, the bikes would need to come with the free panniers currently being offered on the Xrt or else it would be more expensive. No mention of luggage in the promotional stuff I've seen today, but at the show launch on mainland Europe they had included luggage

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Explorer Pro
Reply #21 on: January 22, 2020, 10:00:57 PM
A few more high res pics...

(click image for full size)

Alpine

Desert:

:821:

Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:06:48 PM by Admin

Offline Uncleal

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Snohomish
Re: Re: Special Edition Tiger 1200's - Alpine and Desert
Reply #22 on: January 22, 2020, 10:10:25 PM
Triumph must have hired a Harley marketing guy

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2020, 08:38:23 AM
Have to say that Desert Edition does look good, like the paint colour. I know it's not much and you probably wouldn't change your bike for it but if I was a potential new buyer it's attractive. :047:

Offline ChrisN

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger1200XCa
  • City / Town: Preston
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 10:33:16 AM
The two-tone seats are a nice touch  :028:
my Explorer XCx now lives in Tenerife

Offline jannerman

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Plymouth
Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 02:47:22 PM
 :0461:

Offline SleepyOwl

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tex
  • City / Town: Saltash
Reply #26 on: January 24, 2020, 10:08:26 AM
Im just about to retire and have a Rocket ready for delivery. Had a Gen 1 Tiger1200 many moons ago and really am considering the SE as my other bike

Im assuming that the current promo is valid as there are no exclusions currently in the t and c's that I can see. Assuming this is the case and having spec'd it up to as close as I can to the XRT (Fogs and heated seats) it looks like it would be £1000 cheaper than the XRT but I would lose hill assist and one riding mode (not sure which one)

Seems like a pretty good deal to me as long as those graphics can come off with a heat gun

Any thoughts? Would you go extra for XRT. I have no plans on trading this bike in for a long time.
Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

Brian

Offline Scoby

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: White Tex
  • City / Town: Wexford
Reply #27 on: January 24, 2020, 10:11:34 AM
*Originally Posted by SleepyOwl [+]
Im just about to retire and have a Rocket ready for delivery. Had a Gen 1 Tiger1200 many moons ago and really am considering the SE as my other bike

Im assuming that the current promo is valid as there are no exclusions currently in the t and c's that I can see. Assuming this is the case and having spec'd it up to as close as I can to the XRT (Fogs and heated seats) it looks like it would be £1000 cheaper than the XRT but I would lose hill assist and one riding mode (not sure which one)

Seems like a pretty good deal to me as long as those graphics can come off with a heat gun

Any thoughts? Would you go extra for XRT. I have no plans on trading this bike in for a long time.

Have you factored in the current offer on the Xrt's that give you free luggage, crash bars etc?

Offline SleepyOwl

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tex
  • City / Town: Saltash
Reply #28 on: January 24, 2020, 10:22:13 AM
*Originally Posted by Scoby [+]
Have you factored in the current offer on the Xrt's that give you free luggage, crash bars etc?

I'm assuming that the offer will be the same on the SE as any other Tiger. They wouldn't be able to shift them otherwise I dont think. I will ask the dealer.

Is he hill hold assist a "must have" given the weight of the bike with pillion etc?
Looks like it would be missing the Rider Configurable mode also which is something I wouldnt use
Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:45:58 AM by SleepyOwl
Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

Brian

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #29 on: January 24, 2020, 11:23:43 AM
*Originally Posted by SleepyOwl [+]

Is he hill hold assist a "must have" given the weight of the bike with pillion etc?

It's like everything else, you have it you use it, don't have it and you don't miss it. I do use mine occasionally but it is only just that. You might be tempted to skip the heated seat too and invest the savings in heated clothing instead. Some people find them very good but I find mine quite mild.

nonskid