Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 900 Rally & Tiger 900 GT range launched soon - death of the T12?  (Read 9404 times)

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
Re: Tiger 900 Rally & Tiger 900 GT range launched soon - death of the T12?
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2020, 01:12:08 PM »
I had a bsa gold flash,( a10 ), which had a fully enclosed chain guard with inspection hole behind rubber grommet so you could oil chain and check for adjustment. Think they were dropped because they didn't look so good as open chainguard.

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2020, 02:08:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Well, I completely removed the glaring problems on mine with a protective film (and I live in a very sunny place).

I ordered the very same protective film you have and I didn't find enough of an improvement, though it did help.   I live in a desert so I get a lot of sun as well.  I am just going to have to get used to reaching forward and tilting the screen I think.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2020, 02:48:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
I had a bsa gold flash,( a10 ), which had a fully enclosed chain guard with inspection hole behind rubber grommet so you could oil chain and check for adjustment. Think they were dropped because they didn't look so good as open chainguard.
Think you're right.
After a bit of searching on the interweb, I just couldn't find anything bad about enclosed chain drives (except the Dutch Bicycle looks they provide).
I reckon I don't like the way they look, but hey, lightweight, clean, maintenance free (more or less) and dissipating less engine power output, this could indeed be the one true good idea!
Just one question though: where does the chain go when a link breaks down at highway speed?

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2020, 04:22:41 PM »
ROUND AND ROUND FOR A WHILE !!! ps my sister lives down your place and I must try and get down there.

Offline jaiyenyen

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XCA
  • City / Town: courtenay bc
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2020, 05:24:30 PM »
Personally i do not mind the weight of the bike, a little lighter would make it a little more nimble but not a deal breaker for me. I like the shaft drive and the guages on my 2017 XCA as well as just a normal key for operation. Power is good although it would be nice if it had a little more low end torque and possibly a lower first gear for slow speed riding in trails although I do not consider it a real off road bike. At least not for me and my riding ability. A passenger backrest would be a nice option. I know the future is more electronics and gizmos but I do not like that and feel it is more expense, trouble and complications that we don't need. Overall the 1200 is a great bike as it is and I am quite happy with mine. The BMW is a different animal and better in some ways and worse in others but is not for me. One day all that will be left will be electric motorcycles with a computer doing everything for you. I would rather ride my old 1967 shovelhead hardtail chopper with oil leaks, hard starting and mechanical issues. That bike was a bitch to ride but it sure had character with its straight shotgun drag pipes, thin cobra seat, extended front end, ape hangers and kick start. The sound, the smell of oil and gas and flames shooting out of those drag pipes was amazing. The other end of the spectrum I guess but great memories.

Offline Xtof

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrt '19
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by jaiyenyen [+]
Straight shotgun drag pipes, thin cobra seat, extended front end, ape hangers and kick start. The sound, the smell of oil and gas and flames shooting out of those drag pipes was amazing. The other end of the spectrum I guess but great memories.

Now I'm picturing a Tiger with some work done... Dragpipes with flames, kickstart, and ape hangers  :745:

Offline jaiyenyen

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2017 XCA
  • City / Town: courtenay bc
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Xtof [+]
Now I'm picturing a Tiger with some work done... Dragpipes with flames, kickstart, and ape hangers  :745:
LOL.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
Yeah a 1215 triple with a kick starter, sure!

Recent Topics

nonskid