Author Topic: Crash Bar(s) question...  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Crash Bar(s) question...
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 02:27:40 PM
Hi

As one of the long limbed kind I too suffer the same as Jaim - I'm 6'3" and have a 34" inseam - sometimes I can feel the top mounting bolt of the SW Motech bars with my right knee. Nothing annoying but I know it's there.

As for lowers I have the new OEM 'shorties' or 'sawn offs' - whatever you want to call them.

Whatever you do - do something - 250kg of metal hitting the tarmac needs some protection!

Dave
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

Offline Alleycat1234

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Ottawa Ontario
Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 01:55:05 PM
I have the OEM lower crash bars and I installed the SW Motech uppers and they work very well.  I tested them during a level 1 BMW Motorrad off-roading course.  A must have item in my opinion.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 05:01:31 PM
Thought the OEM lower engine bars were standard fit on XRT? Or was that just on Explorer XRT rather than  Tiger 1200?
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 06:20:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Chippy4467 [+]
Thought the OEM lower engine bars were standard fit on XRT? Or was that just on Explorer XRT rather than  Tiger 1200?
Lowers on XCx and XCa for Gen 3 only, plus Desert SE but nothing else.

Offline Xtof

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrt '19
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 02:00:07 PM
Have the 'standard' lowers on my '19 Xrt and installed HEED uppers a while ago.

Easy install, looks better than the SW-Motech in my opinion (both Triumph lower and Heed upper are mat black, SW Motech upper is shiny).
They're not in the way, though I noticed a slight decrease in mileage when doing long runs on highway (or do I just drive faster now...). Probably they take a bit more wind.

I'm not a fan of the looks actually. But my wallet is less keen on a fall.

Cheers!

Offline Simmo

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 1200 XRT White
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 06:28:48 PM
Hey Chippy

Part of the claimed weight saving on the Gen3 XRT was the removal of the lower engine bars and and because they were desperate for every ounce they also removed the TPMS!!

Simmo
2019 Tiger 1200 XRT in White fitted with TPMS, Rox Anti-vibration Pivoting Risers, Skidmarx Rear Hugger, Palmer Bar End Weights, Grip Puppies, SW Motech Upper Engine Bars, Panniers and Tool Tube, and Givi Trekker Outback 58L Top Box.

nonskid