Author Topic: SOLD - SOLD - SOLD 2014 Triumph Explorer XC  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Jimtex

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer xc
  • City / Town: Stirling
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD 2014 Triumph Explorer XC
on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:30 PM
2014 Triumph Explorer XC in Matte Green for sale due to upgrade, this bike has had 1 previous owner and was registered new on 17/07/2014 purchased by me on 17/10/2016, mot’d till 16/07/2020 and showing 14200 miles approx.

Usual XC extras include:- Wire wheels, Alloy sump guard, Radiator guard, Fog lights, Heated grips and riders seat, Triumph panniers.

Additional upgrades include:- Front fender extender, Front fork reflectors (genuine Triumph), Led fog lights (genuine), Led indicators (genuine),Touring screen, Tank pad, rear charging point, Arrow Exhaust can, Givi trekker outback 42 let top box plus mounting plate.

Recent Michelin Anakee 3 tyres, Brembo front brake pads, new rear brake pads.

This bike wants for nothing, 2 keys, manuals, old mot’s, various receipts. A great bike all ready for a new owner.
(Original parts included ie screen, exhaust etc)

Location is Central Scotland (Stirling) viewings by appointment , looking for £7200 Ono. Thanks

Jim

images expired

Offline alan24

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRX
  • City / Town: Stirlingshire
Re: 2014 Triumph Explorer XC
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 09:08:27 AM
Stunning bike, has absolutely everything. Not often you get a fully loaded bike always something you have to buy. Arrow exhaust and a bigfoot  added bonus. Good luck with the sale.

Offline Jimtex

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
Morning, seems to be plenty views but nobody’s making contact, is it too far away or priced too highly ? I would welcome some feedback, open to offers , thanks.

Online Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:27:50 PM
Hallo Jim, unfortunatly, for you, I bought myself already last year a tiger1200 so thats why no reaction from me. But I think you’ll find a buyer for this fantastic bike. Give it a bit of time, if you have. The season has yet to begin.
Good luck with the sale.

Offline bits

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer
  • City / Town: Suffolk
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 04:17:42 PM
FWIW I had mine (xr, no topbox but outback panniers and lots of other extras and 9.5k miles) up for 6,700 on here few weeks ago, no interest at all here but sold via ebay for just under, so basically you are prob on the high side hth.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 04:31:28 PM
You say you are selling due to an upgrade, did you try and part ex with a dealer? That would of given you a good indication of what the market might bear for the bike. He is going to mark up obviously and will have commitments to honour warranty, fit for purpose consumer regs etc but it is a good starting point a little but not much over what he was offering, say £500. You could always pretend to be looking at a new bike and get a trade-in value with your nearest anybrand dealer.

Some people calculate based on: 20% value loss in the first year then 10% a year after that (to a certain point). There is no point in adding in farkles or any free giveaways or big discounts when you first bought it, the market knows! I think you are a bit rich for a 6 year old bike even though the mileage is low. Personally I would top out very max £6.5K on this but wouldn't be surprised with sub £6K offers. I'm no dealer or expert and the guy with £7,200 might be just around the next corner but who knows?  :261:  While it is still wet and windy there are not many buyers out there right now either.

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 08:31:17 PM
*Originally Posted by Jimtex [+]
Morning, seems to be plenty views but nobody’s making contact, is it too far away or priced too highly ? I would welcome some feedback, open to offers , thanks.

Most of the people on here already own one. I always look to see what people are selling because I'm nosey about how much they want.
Im at the stage where my 2015 bike is worth more to me than anyone would want to pay for it
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline Jimtex

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:37 PM
Thanks for the input guys, some very good points well made, maybe aiming a bit on the highside so have decided to reduce to £6750.00 Ono.

Offline trade_nancy

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 1200
  • City / Town: Manawatu
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 06:16:17 AM
I sold by trade to dealer in Dec 2018..my 2014 Gen 1 Tex with 20,000Km (12k miles)on clock. Same specs as yours..but no topbox or foggies. I got NZ14k..or about 7,000BP at that time. dealer listed at $16.5k...about 8k pounds and sold in 4 months...for a bit less I think. I'd say you are still on the higer side for a private sale. It seems these bikes lose a lot on resale..damn it. But best to start a bit higher and agree to drop.

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Never take a laxative & a sleeping pill together
  • Bike: '14 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Dade City, FL
Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 08:52:02 AM
A dealer near me in Florida has a very decent 2013 model with some extras added on which has been for sale for at least the past 6 months. I noticed recently he marked it down to $6500.

My buddy is interested in it but I told him to wait until it hits $5000. I don’t think it’ll be much longer!  These are not so easy to sell for some reason.

That’s why I plan to convert mine into a lawn ornament when she quits chugging.
Ride safe, and ride often!
Keith

nonskid