Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member  (Read 567 times)

Offline rayn_man1

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
Re: New member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 10:47:16 PM »
Welcome Al,

Am also newbie to Explorers as recently acquired a 2017 XRT...total new experience to my Thruxton R and my '75 T160...it is huge, but great to ride on the road. I spent today fitting the Lust Racing 20mm lowering kit c/w TSAS rod (adjusted to -6mm) then lowered forks by 12mm. It is easier to man handle but weather kicked in before I could road test...hopefully I've got it right. For info, I understand drop links are torqued to 85nm and fork pinch bolts are 22nm.

Forum is an excellent source of info...some genius's out there !!

Ray

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 05:21:18 AM »
 :400: to the family!
Jon

Offline ngnlnv

• Explorer Member
  • enjoy life it aint a practice.
  • Bike: Triumph explorer
  • City / Town: Wirral
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 10:38:04 PM »
 :400: both of you. Great bike, great forum, great knowledge to be had here. A year with mine now and can't wait for the weather to improve. Enjoy. H

Offline BonnieAl

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2016 Explorer XCx
  • City / Town: Leyland
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 07:28:00 AM »
Thanks, bought the LUST kit. (20mm) Let's see if that gives me the benefit I'm after.

Offline rayn_man1

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Aberdeen
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »
Took the bike out on the road this morning for it's MOT...first run after fitting Lust 20mm kit. Very pleased with results. No probs with side or main stand. Note typo re pinch bolts...should be torqued to 25nm.
Also I used a jack under the swingarm to enable the lower drop link bolt to be extracted through the main stand bumpstop on the exhaust...saves undoing the system.

Offline jub jub

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Central, GA
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 02:24:34 AM »
 :400: aboard!

Offline BonnieAl

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2016 Explorer XCx
  • City / Town: Leyland
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 04:51:22 PM »
Big thanks to all the "welcome" massages, appears to be a great group of folks.

Update on my 20mm Lust lowering kit.
Fitted the new dog bones on Friday and forks lowered by 15mm.  Absolutely transformed the motorcycle for me. I'm no longer tip toeing on the awkward uneven roads / Junctions etc.
To summarise:  Lust lowering kit and the triumph "Low Seat" has done the trick for me. Handling / steering into the corners is perfect / positive.
Side stand does not need any adjustment and the center stand is still functional. 

I just need to take it for a ride with a full load, panniers / topbox and pillion.   

Thanks for all of the tips / recommendations and advice guys...You are the best. :152:

BonnieAl.

Recent Topics