Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: trade in against new 900 ?  (Read 875 times)

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
Re: trade in against new 900 ?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
The only thing is if you can find one.  My local dealer has been out of 800s since last spring.   They can't keep them in stock here.

The 1200s though are a different story.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
Just been to my dealer for a few bit'n'bobs & had a gossip about the new Tiger 900.

Workshop manager says he expects T900 to have 6000 miles service intervals which was rather disappointing news, but this is his expectation & not confirmed as yet. Salesman is going to a factory training day & to ride the bikes within next 2 weeks. Delivery to showrooms expected mid-March.

Salesman said within their group (3 or 4 Triumph dealerships) they only have 2 unsold 800s left in stock and won't be getting any more.

He also said he expects "something to happen" with the 1200 in the next year or so, based on the plethora of deals for accessories and the new limited edition paintjobs, which he interprets as the factory clearing component stocks ready for a new bike to be produced. But he wouldn't speculate if that would be an evolution of the Tiger 1200 (= "Explorer Gen 4"), or an entirely new bike akin to a large capacity Tiger 900. He said he'd expect it to have a bigger engine than the current 1215cc to overcome the next phase of emissions rules without losing performance, and hoped (& prayed!) it would still be shaft drive.

Meanwhile they were very pleased with a recent "invitation only" evening event & had sold 16 Triumphs. In addition over recent months they have sold 5 limited edition TFC Rocket 3s, 2 x Thruxton TFCs and 3 x 765 Moto2 Daytona TFCs (and the TFCs in the showroom awaiting collection were eyewateringly beautiful enough to make me think twice about getting one - even though none of them would suit my needs or physique!).

But hey folks, don't forget this was all just idle gossip not a press release!

Offline vsteel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Boise
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 05:46:26 AM »
I would be really surprised if the new 900 didn't have 10K service intervals.  Seems like all bikes now are trying to push them out to show a reduced cost of ownership. 

Online mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by vsteel [+]
I would be really surprised if the new 900 didn't have 10K service intervals.  Seems like all bikes now are trying to push them out to show a reduced cost of ownership.

In the link I posted major service is at 12000 miles and the air filter can be accessed without removing the tank so the tank doesn't need to come off until the 12000. This probably means its 6000 or 12 months for the minor service
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Online isb

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer
  • City / Town: Hell
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 11:53:55 PM »
Cheers, Ian

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think there are two kinds of people, and those that don't.

Recent Topics

nonskid