Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Storm Chaser  (Read 175 times)

Offline mcchoc

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Goole
Storm Chaser
« on: February 12, 2020, 10:27:58 AM »
Last weekend, I found myself having to ride around 30 miles cross country, in the cold and dark and in the teeth of storm Ciara. 

I could not wish to have been on a better bike than the Tiger.  Buffeted by savage cross-winds and ploughing through patches of flood water up to six inches deep, including a river bridge where the river had partly flooded over the road, the bike was so stable and tracked so true that I was completely relaxed in the seat.  I was almost disappointed that I didn't come across any fallen trees to make things a bit more demanding.

I didn't even bother changing from Road mode, as the throttle is so sensitive to use, and I left the screen in the lowest position, which allowed the wind-rush to clear my visor, which was still left partly open to prevent misting.  That cockpit is such a comforting place to be, and the headlights are superb  - though I seemed to get a glittering 'strobe' effect as the rain lashed down ahead.

Still running in the bike and at 360 miles, can now use 6K rpm.  I reckon the gearing in top is around 17 mph per 1,000 rpm, so 102 mph is plenty for now.

At this rate, I may find that I never fire up the K1300S again - I am so impressed with the Tiger.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:31:42 AM by mcchoc »

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Storm Chaser
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »
Yes, it's absolutely brilliant in foul weather and handles the wind very well, one positive of the weight!

Recent Topics

nonskid