Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clutch problems  (Read 228 times)

Offline Expotheone

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • No comment
  • Bike: Tex 2017
  • City / Town: Rijkevorsel
Clutch problems
« on: February 14, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
At the end of last summer I went for a trip where I noticed that the clutch didn't work. Riding the bike was out of the question. The bike went to the dealer and after a little month or 2 it seems the slavepump was leak and on top, the gearbox was missing several teeth. All being repared under warranty I was a happy camper again.
Not for long, after a 500km the reservoir was empty again, so back to the dealer. Another pump and this time it was fixed, they said.
Another 1000km or so, empty reservoir. another pump, another leak. Back to dealer, warranty no problemo.
Today reservoir is empty again.  :138: Last week it was full (I check it every week, because I dont trust the bike anymore)
From the first slave pump till now I can drive about 1000km before it starts to leak.
Anyone have the same problem? I looked if there was already a topic about it and found one from 2017 but that's it.

I'm gonna ride to the dealer this afternoon and have a serieus discussion. Getting frustrated about it.
Is it a pump issue? Is there a mechanical clutch failure? I dont know, i'm no engineer.
I love the bike, it rides fantastic (if the clutch works) but I'm getting more regrets every time the clutch reservoir is empty.
If I wanna drive a mercedes, I'll call a cab

Offline walden57

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: tiger 1200villena
  • City / Town: sax alicante
Re: Clutch problems
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
I suggest you have a look on the triumph trophy 1215 forum,, which is a related site to this one.
I believe the engine and components are the same for the tex and the 1215 trophy and I saw a lot of discussion about clutch and slave cylinder problems and fixes.
hope this helps

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »
Clutch slave unit problems seem relatively rare here. And I don't recall anyone posting about repeating failures as you have experienced.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Expotheone

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • No comment
  • Bike: Tex 2017
  • City / Town: Rijkevorsel
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »
Been to the dealer this afternoon, seems that this time it was not a leak of the pump.
I normally use the sidestand and then the reservoir seems to be "full". But this time I used the centerstand for cleaning when I noticed the lower level. :164:
Next week the bike is in for its 32K service and they'll gonna check it anyway to be sure. Hope it will never leak again. hehe
If I wanna drive a mercedes, I'll call a cab

Recent Topics

nonskid