Author Topic: New Generation 4 Tiger 1200  (Read 48091 times)

sirsidneyrd, ExplorerMP, Gazza13, T800XC, morhot and 33 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: New Generation 4 Tiger 1200
Reply #450 on: November 25, 2021, 01:27:21 AM
The paint job would be way too busy for me. Oh well, I'm at the age where I think I'll probably only buy one more new bike. I'm pretty sure it will be a downsize. I've been talking with my dealer about possibly trading for the new Triumph enduro when it comes out next fall. We'll see if that happens once it finally hit the dealership.
Jon

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Explorer Pro
Reply #451 on: November 25, 2021, 09:20:50 AM
*Originally Posted by Jon [+]
The paint job would be way too busy for me.

We don't know the color schemes yet, those graphics on the bike pictured are like that as it's just a prototype (allegedly..)

It's done like that on prototype vehicles to conceal the lines. Pretty pointless though in this case as it's on display at a motor show !

Online sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
Reply #452 on: November 25, 2021, 03:27:53 PM
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
We don't know the color schemes yet, those graphics on the bike pictured are like that as it's just a prototype (allegedly..)

It's done like that on prototype vehicles to conceal the lines. Pretty pointless though in this case as it's on display at a motor show !

I assume they have only got a few prototypes  and are shipping them around to the markets where the GS adventure is king - UK is not one of those with the majority of sales on road
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Reply #453 on: November 25, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]

I totally understand that, but I would think it would be wiser to introduce something that actually looks good for the show...
Jon

Online sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
Reply #454 on: November 25, 2021, 03:47:42 PM
This still maintains the surprise of the final bodywork , its possible they don't have the road going version built yet (hopefully soon and ready for the UK show)   

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #455 on: November 25, 2021, 04:53:59 PM
*Originally Posted by sirsidneyrd [+]
This still maintains the surprise of the final bodywork , its possible they don't have the road going version built yet (hopefully soon and ready for the UK show)
Probably trying to decide between glossy black, satin black, matt black and blacked-out black.. I'm hoping for puce.  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Online sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
Reply #456 on: November 25, 2021, 09:45:52 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
Probably trying to decide between glossy black, satin black, matt black and blacked-out black.. I'm hoping for puce.  :038:

No black puleeeese- it’s the worse colour for any ageing beyond the drive out of the shop

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #457 on: November 25, 2021, 10:36:36 PM
*Originally Posted by sirsidneyrd [+]
No black puleeeese- it’s the worse colour for any ageing beyond the drive out of the shop
Tell me about it. My Himalayan is matt black, which is now shiny black where my knees grip the tank. Ughhly.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #458 on: Yesterday at 09:04:51 AM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]

Triumph really need a giant kick up the arse to improve their choice of colours right across their range of bikes, and stop jacking the price up for certain colours (I could accept paying a premium for pin stripes or fancy graphics but not just for a different colour).

Online ExplorerMP

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC 1200
  • City / Town: Amsterdam
Reply #459 on: Yesterday at 09:39:14 AM
Agree. But they need to step up on other things as well for new models.

- Using (Google) maps for navigation or at least enable Apple carplay or Android Auto
- Adaptive cruise control
- pricing of the new 1200 below the BMW 1250GS / GSA in order to be competitive.
- offer customers road side assistance and extended warranty (in some countries this is available, but by far not all).

nonskid