Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Temptation being put in my way  (Read 1182 times)

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Re: Temptation being put in my way
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 12:10:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by davi7488 [+]
I traded in my 2015 mark 1 with 16k on the clock at my local dealer last September for a brand new XCA with the complementary panniers.

My bike went for 6k and had some decent farkles on it, XCA list price was £17100 but I negotiated 2k off list and then I took the triumph pcp finance as that gave me another 1k deposit contribution. I paid the finance for 3 months as the dealer would get penalised if I paid it off straightaway - settled the bill with triumph finance after payment 3.

All in all I got a spanking brand new mark 3 XCA for £14100 with me paying just over 8k and handing over my mark 1. 

It was the 5th bike in a row I have bought from the dealer and the 4th brand new one. I always have main dealer service irrelevant of warranty, I always have them fit any aftermarket gear for me and I have a good relationship with the owner.

Personally  at the end of the day I was happy with the deal and that's all that really counts  :028:

I've bought 4 new bikes over the last 15 years from this dealer and they never shift on the price of the new one and even add on fitting charges for accessories they have to fit. Please tell me your secret for negotiating £K2 off, I'd love to be able to do that.

I'm not that disappointed, I don't need a new one, I don't have to have it, but I'd like one  :008: :008:

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline davi7488

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Mrk 3 XCA
  • City / Town: York
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by mjab [+]
I've bought 4 new bikes over the last 15 years from this dealer and they never shift on the price of the new one and even add on fitting charges for accessories they have to fit. Please tell me your secret for negotiating £K2 off, I'd love to be able to do that.

I'm not that disappointed, I don't need a new one, I don't have to have it, but I'd like one  :008: :008:

At the time I was considering an upgrade of the Tiger I did a google search and found a one-off deal on an XCA that a dealer in Northampton had.

I contacted them, agreed a deal on mine should I want to go forwards - then I contacted my dealer and they agreed within 15 minutes to match the 2k off list price.

I must be real lucky with my dealership - they never charge me to swap over anything from the old bike to the new, this time they moved my Zumo wiring and top box plate across for free.

Might be worth you trying another dealer and seeing what they will offer you deal wise....

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 12:40:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by davi7488 [+]

Might be worth you trying another dealer and seeing what they will offer you deal wise....

Yep, will have to travel for that. The 3 local to me are all owned by the same company.
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline UKtart

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2019 1200 Tiger
  • City / Town: Puyallup, WA
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »
Interesting that those that felt the heated seats and grips are poor, I live in Washington state and find the heated bits pretty nice. Both my wife and I tend to turn the seats down after 15 to 20 mins. We both have heated vests too which make for riding prefect. My riding temp here in the PNW run around 40 to 50' F right now. I don't like riding under 40' due to ice on the road in the shaded areas. Tires are noisy but I'm changing them out to a 50/50 tire in the spring (which is almost here now). I'm 5'10" so I have the seat in the upper position. It works for me. Coming from a GS, I won't be looking back anytime soon.

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: Ojai
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »
I use my heated seats and grips, often, and after about 20 minutes I can feel my insides start to boil! They work, it just takes time to ramp up.
"You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Recent Topics

nonskid