Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust manifold  (Read 1722 times)

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Exhaust manifold
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 08:27:39 PM »
Absolutely. Good find!   :031:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline trade_nancy

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 1200
  • City / Town: Manawatu
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »
Good if you can get it locally off ebay. Postage/courier can be excessive to many people. $60 part $120 shipping...

Offline zivsteevs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Strasbourg
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 06:04:11 AM »
Here is my beauty. I am considering removing the interconnections with a hammer method and try to wear 3 of the exhaust connections to close the holes (image below). That's like 21 Eur instead of 800 for OEM or 358 Eur for Lextex. But I have to say Triumph excelled in finding sh#tty stainless steel and excellent welding work. I think actually they used some incompatible materials for the welds.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:11:30 AM by zivsteevs »

Offline oxidefilm

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '13 Tex
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 04:04:44 PM »
Just like mine. Keep an eye on ebay, you might get lucky.

Offline Robin

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 08:52:17 PM »
Take it to your local fabricator and get it welded up. I had mine done last year cost me £20.00.
Older than the internet.

Offline Robin

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 05:57:32 PM »
Posted on the Explorer Facebook thread but worth repeating here.

Cracked and rotten Explorer exhaust headers.

There have been several treads on this subject which seem to have closed to comments so I’ve started this thread to give you all some further information choice on replacement options.

Option 1 was the Lextek Chinese made none CAT headers
Option 2 was the Freespirits none CAT headers. These are marked not for road use but I suspect this is because some of the European vehicle testing requirements would make these illegal.
Option 3 a bespoke replacement from APH. I contacted Alan about the possibility of making replacement headers for the Explorer. His reply is posted below. Feel free to look at their web site or contact him to directly.

Hi Robin
I hope you are well.
I had a look at the triumph tiger systems on offer, the lextek are garbage like most of their products, the free spirits is a lot better.
The major cost is going to be in the machined flanges and a cat if people still want that in place, the other option would be to use the original head flanges and build the rest of the system from that, possibly like some kind of exchange, people would need to send an old set of headers in.
If new flanges are to be machined I imagine the price without cat would be around £500-£600 + vat.
Kind regards
Alan
Aph Performance engineering Ltd
Older than the internet.

Online Tex XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »

Recent Topics

nonskid