Author Topic: Itchy Boots Videos  (Read 3056 times)

Online NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
Itchy Boots Videos
on: March 11, 2020, 11:01:54 PM
I'm just wondering how many here watch Itchy Boots Videos on Youtube ? For those that don't she's a Dutch woman rider who travels around the world alone on epic long bike trips, her first was over 8 months.

She's an inspiration to any biker who wants to take off on long adventures. She doesn't seem to get phased by anything.

I've watched quite a few of her travel blog videos and they're great. Highly recommended, I'm hooked !  :028:

Here's a link to her web site that tells you a bit about her  www.itchyboots.com  and it also has links to her videos, she has around 200.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville, NY
Re: Itchy Boots Videos
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:41:22 AM
cool find and thank you for the recommendation  :028:

:821:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:40:27 AM
 :0461: Highly recommended viewing! She's very impressive & inspirational. For my money currently the best m/cycle travel vlogger on YouTube. Her achievements & quietly understated style puts a lot of more gung-ho & better equipped wannabes to shame. She's a great ambassador for world travel on a bike. I've been a regular watcher since she arrived in S.America. If ever I have to self-isolate I'll be passing the days catching up on her Indian & Asia to Europe trips!

Online NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 07:11:39 PM
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
:0461: Highly recommended viewing! She's very impressive & inspirational. For my money currently the best m/cycle travel vlogger on YouTube. Her achievements & quietly understated style puts a lot of more gung-ho & better equipped wannabes to shame. She's a great ambassador for world travel on a bike. I've been a regular watcher since she arrived in S.America. If ever I have to self-isolate I'll be passing the days catching up on her Indian & Asia to Europe trips!

I'd agree completely with that. Good adventure video's aren't all about non-stop fast riding, it's about showing you WHY you like travelling, the scenery, the atmosphere, the places you see, the people you meet, and the fun (plus the bits that might not be fun :008:) It also goes to show how ideal cheaper, low end of the market bikes can for this type of adventuring, bikes that many people might look down on and laugh at.

Her video's are addictive after a while and the image quality is excellent and puts most others to shame, including my efforts.

If only I wasn't an old git... I'd already be heading off into the distance. :008: Not on the Tex though sadly, it would have to be a lighter bike for the kind of roads she tackles.
Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:15:04 PM by NH

Offline D16PJM

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Sidcup
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:29:57 PM
been watching her from the start, great watch and she is quite pleasing to the eye also  :001:

Pete

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrx
  • City / Town: Totnes
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 10:47:57 AM
Yes, she's a smart cookie too. Speaks at least three languages pretty well. A geologist who seems to have made enough money to indulge a desire to travel.

She seems totally unworried about breaking down in the middle of Bolivian altiplano. If it were me on a Himalayan, I would be concerned every day. Royal Enfield have missed a trick by not sponsoring her - the bike is holding up well.

And as you say, easy on the eye.
--------
If not now, when?

Online NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 01:32:52 PM
Reading her website she says she sold her home and possessions to finance the travelling lifestyle she loves. We’d probably all like to do it but she actually did. Credit where it’s due, that’s commitment.  :028:

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 04:53:32 PM
I liked her videos so much I bought a Hima and rode it the length of Baja California (Mexico) in January.  :001:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 04:57:31 PM
*Originally Posted by TotnesSteve [+]
She seems totally unworried about breaking down in the middle of Bolivian altiplano. If it were me on a Himalayan, I would be concerned every day. Royal Enfield have missed a trick by not sponsoring her - the bike is holding up well.
An RE dealer actually swapped her Indian-registered Hima for a new one because she could not register the first bike in the Netherlands when she returned home. The original Hima is apparently on display at the RE dealership.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Graham Keeton

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer&Street Twin
  • City / Town: Barnstaple
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 11:16:49 AM
*Originally Posted by D16PJM [+]
been watching her from the start, great watch and she is quite pleasing to the eye also  :001:

Pete

Same here, she's my feckin hero. Love her attitude and get up and on with it mind set.