Author Topic: Itchy Boots Videos  (Read 3058 times)

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
Re: Itchy Boots Videos
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 11:44:06 AM
She should be a lot better known than she is. I’d love to see a ‘Long Way Round’ style tv series made from her videos. 🙂
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 07:40:16 PM
*Originally Posted by CaptainTrips [+]
I liked her videos so much I bought a Hima and rode it the length of Baja California (Mexico) in January.  :001:

Nice one.  :001:  What did you think of it, did you stick to roads or also off-road as well ?

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 01:15:20 AM
*Originally Posted by NH [+]
Nice one.  :001:  What did you think of it, did you stick to roads or also off-road as well ?
We did a little off-road and got into some sandy beach roads when we went off the grid to Bahia Los Angeles for a couple of days. There were nine bikes, but I traveled with two DR650's and let the liter bikes go ahead.

I really like the Hima. Where the DR650 feels like (and is) a large dirt bike, the Hima feels like a small ADV bike. Very comfortable ergonomics for me. I don't find myself wanting to change anything at this point in terms of saddle or windscreen or suspension etc. Of course, it would be nice to have a bit more HP, but it holds its own in most circumstances and is a pleasant, well-equipped ride that I find is suitable for touring. And it's cheap on gas.  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline knapdog

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Barry
Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 06:52:50 AM
I've watched every episode and thoroughly enjoy them.
The Himalayan is a perfect bike for the trails she encounters. It's light and seems to soak up all the bumps well.
Service intervals are short but she keeps to them and the bike appears to be reliable. I've thought of one myself but I doubt if I'd get on with the lack of power as I'd only use it on tarmac.
The only thing I don't like is that naff soft luggage she uses.
Stay between the hedges!

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 09:27:28 AM
If anyone wants to support her endeavours they can donate petrol money to her by Paypal. There's a link on her website itchyboots.com 

If she gets stranded due to coronavirus it might be an essential lifeline for her.

*Originally Posted by knapdog [+]
The only thing I don't like is that naff soft luggage she uses.

Personally I agree about that luggage but I guess she knows what's right for her = she's already done 25k miles with hard cases and decided lightweight soft luggage was preferable.

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 07:20:56 AM
Interesting lady.  Watched some of her first posts today, then jumped ahead to the last couple of days in Peru.  Looks like things are getting dicey for her.  Her embassy is trying to get her out today but no word yet.
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 11:12:14 PM
Yes with the current restrictions around the world she's had to head home minus bike until the virus situation has been dealt with.

Offline Tiger T.O.

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 16 Cranberry Red XRt
  • City / Town: Loosdrecht
Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 06:38:19 PM
And this episode riding in my "backyard"  :001: :467:

There are two kinds of people, those saying the glass is half full and those saying the glass is half empty. But the world really belongs to the ones that say “That’s not my glass! My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!”             Terry Pratchett  R.I.P.

Offline NorthumBryan

• Explorer Member
  • NorthumBryan
  • Bike: Tigger 1200 Alpine
  • City / Town: Northumberland
Reply #18 on: December 22, 2020, 06:54:50 PM
Another interesting lady to keep an eye out for is Kinga Tanajewska who has a line of video's called 'on her bike'. Very well shot, some great scenery and very interesting. On YouTube or at her website - https://onherbike.com/
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #19 on: December 22, 2020, 07:18:34 PM
I watched Itchy Boots on that electric bike, I was hoping she might have given a bit more of her opinion on it but as it was borrowed maybe it wouldn't have been polite to do so.

I've seen quite a lot of Kinga's video's as well. The one that stands out for me is this one, this lady's got guts and determination that's for sure, watch this one all the way through.