Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Louder Exhaust Sound  (Read 1407 times)

FL_Explorer and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline arguth

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Nelson
Re: Louder Exhaust Sound
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 03:19:02 AM »
Hi There
Fuel Exhaust, Diablo Midi or Mini is the one. I too had the Arrow which was too quiet, Then purchased the scorpion Exhaust that wasn't much better. I then Decatted sticking with the Scorpion can and no real difference again which surprized me. A mate of mine purchased a KTM1290S and fitted the Fuel Diablo and what a sound compared to others I've heard. Bit the bullet and got the Fuel. The results were night and day to the extent I put the cat back in. Im now happy after this expensive exercise and would recommend the Fuel Diablo without question. Don't decat as it makes no difference, and best of all, it won't cause any issues with the running of the bike. Hope this helps

Online NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 06:56:08 PM »
I have a gen 1 and can't recommend my Pipewerx can enough.  :028:

It has a great deep sound that can be heard easily when riding and has awesome popping on overrun that wakes the drivers up in traffic.  :002:

And if that's not loud enough you can take the baffle out. I tried it once and nearly went deaf.  :008:

Quality is excellent and as it's not one of the overhyped 'premier' makes the price is excellent too as you're not paying for the name. And they're made in the UK.

I'd buy one again in an instant.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 01:36:50 AM »
OK guys & gals, here's the deal. Unless you decat the big girl you're not going to get much sound out of the 1200 engine. Before installing my new Scorpion can, I ran mine for a few minutes without the can or link pipe installed. (straight out the cat) It was no louder than running the engine with the Scorpion can without the silencer. The Scorpion Serket without the silencer is basically a straight pipe with a fancy CF jacket & endcap. It's louder (better tone) than OE, but definitely not loud.
Jon

Offline knuttt

• Explorer Member
  • Mad, bad and dangerous to know - I wish! :)
  • Bike: TEX - '15 Plate
  • City / Town: Sutton Coldfield
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »
I don’t want to go loud loud but it bit more rumble and popping on overrun would be nice.

So is there a straightforward (and cheap) way to defat the headers?

Andy
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Arnold 'ACE' Rimmer

Online NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »
When I fitted my Pipewerx can it became very noticeably louder, and that's with the baffle still in ! The popping on overrun is also more than loud enough to be heard when riding, even the head cam picks it up clearly with the mike turned down.

Are the exhausts different in the US ? I ask because exhaust regulations on cars can often differ to the UK so I wonder if they might on bikes too. A Tex rider with an Arrow can heard mine and then decided to swop his for a Pipewerx like mine because it was a much better sound.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline Pailton

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 04:14:34 AM »
I installed a Beo-Wulf can as soon as I could get one on my Gen 3. It's not quite as loud as I would like but it's significantly louder than the stock system and a way throatier sound which really unleashes the poping and banging on the overrun. If I was going to get another one it would be the Midi though to hopefully make it louder.   :046:

Offline Ardel

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Springfield
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 03:12:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pailton [+]
I installed a Beo-Wulf can as soon as I could get one on my Gen 3. It's not quite as loud as I would like but it's significantly louder than the stock system and a way throatier sound which really unleashes the poping and banging on the overrun. If I was going to get another one it would be the Midi though to hopefully make it louder.   :046:

Since you have the same bike as me, I'd love to hear how it sounds on your bike. Do you think you could post a sound clip or video? Or you could email me directly.

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by arguth [+]
Hi There
Fuel Exhaust, Diablo Midi or Mini is the one. I too had the Arrow which was too quiet, Then purchased the scorpion Exhaust that wasn't much better. I then Decatted sticking with the Scorpion can and no real difference again which surprized me. A mate of mine purchased a KTM1290S and fitted the Fuel Diablo and what a sound compared to others I've heard. Bit the bullet and got the Fuel. The results were night and day to the extent I put the cat back in. Im now happy after this expensive exercise and would recommend the Fuel Diablo without question. Don't decat as it makes no difference, and best of all, it won't cause any issues with the running of the bike. Hope this helps

how did you decat the pipe? I want to do this but cant find out if its welded in or how its removed....

Offline SimonTEX

• Explorer Member
  • Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
  • Bike: 2018 TEX1200 XCX
  • City / Town: Corsham
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »
Would removing the cat make it run cooler as well? the later tigers are a higher euro standard so are running leaner and hotter right?  I'm not interested in a louder pipe as it's not a sports bike but think running a little richer might be a side benefit.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2020, 12:05:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by SimonTEX [+]
Would removing the cat make it run cooler as well? the later tigers are a higher euro standard so are running leaner and hotter right?  I'm not interested in a louder pipe as it's not a sports bike but think running a little richer might be a side benefit.
I think in order to get it to run richer you need some kind of power commander intervention.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics