Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Louder Exhaust Sound  (Read 3129 times)

Offline SimonTEX

• Explorer Member
  • Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
  • Bike: 2018 TEX1200 XCX
  • City / Town: Corsham
Re: Louder Exhaust Sound
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »
has enyone here fitted a Power  commander ? they don't seem to list one for the MKII ,  only up to 2015 and then the  2018 T1200.  They also sell an O2 eliminator so I presume de-catting is a pre-requisite to fitting a PC?  where is the 02 on the system? 

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
The O2 sensor is on the exhaust, usually at or close to the Cat. Without the O2 sensor, the MAP will default to some non-adaptive setting and the ECU will throw exception errors, unless some kind of device is added to fool the ECU.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonTEX [+]
has enyone here fitted a Power  commander ? they don't seem to list one for the MKII ,  only up to 2015 and then the  2018 T1200.  They also sell an O2 eliminator so I presume de-catting is a pre-requisite to fitting a PC?  where is the 02 on the system?

I have a PC5 on my gen 1 ...its worth every penny ..its not as good as a full tune but its still very good...and the 02  is before the cat on the gen 1s....not sure about the others.

Im going to be doing a de-cat in the very near future.....just haven't gotten around to it yet

Offline Pailton

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 03:09:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ardel [+]
Since you have the same bike as me, I'd love to hear how it sounds on your bike. Do you think you could post a sound clip or video? Or you could email me directly.

Hi Ardel, I'll see what I can do.  :028:

Offline SimonTEX

• Explorer Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
I took the baffle out my scorpion serket and it sounds nice and deep. But I can't ride it like that with the side  boxes on as they deflect the sound back at you and it gives me a headache .

Offline SimonTEX

• Explorer Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I have a PC5 on my gen 1 ...its worth every penny ..its not as good as a full tune but its still very good...and the 02  is before the cat on the gen 1s....not sure about the others.

Im going to be doing a de-cat in the very near future.....just haven't gotten around to it yet

what options are there for a decat? smash out the insides or replacement pipe?    Is there is a map for a decat set up in the online library? Did you get a rolling road setup or download an existing map?  sorry about all the questions, don't think there's many that have done this so any experience is interesting  The latest engines run too lean and hot for my liking and also I  get stalling occasionally so want to try a different  setup.   Thanks .

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »
The stalling may be something else. There have been a couple of people who have posted on that over the past couple of years.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2020, 12:34:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by SimonTEX [+]
what options are there for a decat? smash out the insides or replacement pipe?    Is there is a map for a decat set up in the online library? Did you get a rolling road setup or download an existing map?  sorry about all the questions, don't think there's many that have done this so any experience is interesting  The latest engines run too lean and hot for my liking and also I  get stalling occasionally so want to try a different  setup.   Thanks .

post # 10 mentioned removing then reinstalling  the cat so I assume he bought a whole header pipe..I see them offered for $800.00 but thats too rich for my blood..I will just break the cat out of the stock pipe and see how that goes..I am planning on doing it over the weekend when I get some spare time so i will update once its done

As far as tunes go, there are very few available for this bike so I just made my own using the wide band kit ..I will check it once the cat is removed  to make sure its still good but I dont expect it will change much.

The difference in how the bike runs with just the tune is night and day so I cant recommend it enough...  the bike is much smoother, the throttle is butter smooth off idle, it pulls very strong  through the whole RPM range  and I even get better fuel economy if I ride like a sane person...

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2020, 02:02:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
The difference in how the bike runs with just the tune is night and day so I cant recommend it enough...
??!!
I thought the ECU was locked and impossible to reprogram by mere mortals?

Offline knuttt

• Explorer Member
  • Mad, bad and dangerous to know - I wish! :)
  • Bike: TEX - '15 Plate
  • City / Town: Sutton Coldfield
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »
I found this on Ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lextek-Stainless-Steel-Link-Pipe-for-Triumph-Tiger-Explorer-1200-12-18-079/362954993143), the same company sells headers too so I don't if this will fit onto the original headers or if you need to buy a kit but it's a lot cheaper than Triumph pipework.

Apologies if it's not available in the US...

Andy
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:12:04 PM by knuttt »
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Arnold 'ACE' Rimmer

Recent Topics