Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rotopax...  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Xtof

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrt '19
  • City / Town: Antwerpen
Re: Rotopax...
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 07:28:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
If I really wanted to carry extra fuel I wouldn’t be mad carrying it on the outside of my panniers. If you have no requirement for a pillion I would see if you could fashion a simple painted mild steel bracket using the top two footrest mounting points and the footrest mount pivot point. Something like a frame to drop the fuel canister into. The footrest mount point is the weight loaded support. Just an idea?

Good idea, logic thinking.

*Originally Posted by mike2411 [+]
It looks as if I will have to come up with a way because there is nothing on the market for the Tiger and mounting rotopax to panniers racks. There is something for every other bike, except ours   :232:

So, I am brainstorming and was thinking I will design a plate that fits within the pannier rack, slides into the 2 pins that accept the hard bags (bottom bar), and secure it to the top bar using a clamp of some sort...I'll figure it out!

Also nothing for the GIVI rack? Since it's virtually the same except for the mounting point position?

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: Ojai
Re: Rotopax...
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2020, 04:14:46 PM »
Xtof, not that I can find. I'm still looking but I'm not seeing anything for it.
"You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Recent Topics

nonskid