Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted  (Read 1268 times)

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
I've finished TigerTool V3.0 as far as I can for now and so it's ready for beta testers. It's already been tested on a Tiger Sport to check the new TPMS sensor programming and instrument menu options, all of which worked perfectly.

More details on the features of V3 can be found here.
https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,18075.0.html

Ideally you should already be familiar with TigerTool and have the necessary ELM327 OBD cable / interface for your PC. I'm looking for any issues or error messages when using the software as I now only have my virtual Tiger800 and Tiger 1200XRT to use for code development & testing. The beta version includes debug code that would might be of interest to me if you have any problems while testing. Also just some general usage feedback would be very useful.

I need to spend some time re-writing the manual but I can do that while others are trying to find any bugs.

PM me if interested & able to help, then I'll reply with a download link.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: TigerTool V3.0 Almost Ready - Beta Testers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 10:19:10 AM »
I'm guessing that it doesn't run on a Mac? We have 5 laptops 4 running OSX and one running Linux and unfortunately can't use the tool so far. I did have a small notepad running Windows but it just didn't seem to ever want to work.
It's a shame because it sounds like a great piece of work

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 11:53:24 AM »
I know some people run TigerTool on a Mac using Boot Camp, Wine or VirtualMachine.

Might be worth searching here and the 800 forum for other opinions and info.

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 11:57:13 AM »
Thanks. I do know about that route but not something I'm prepared to do. I need a mate with a windows lappy

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
Thanks. I do know about that route but not something I'm prepared to do. I need a mate with a windows lappy
I repurposed an old Netbook running Windows XP. Netbooks were super cheap 8" screen sub-notebooks that were popular for a short time before phones got bigger.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 02:43:13 PM »
Back in the Tiger 1050 days, I was using a windows virtual machine on my Mac to tweak the ECU. VirtualBox comes for free, easy to install and all you need is a Windows image or DVD.

I don't think I have a proper cable (ELM327?) though so I'll pass the testing program, sorry!

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
Anyone with a mk2 Explorer able to run a quick test with the latest Beta version of TigerTool?

This should be the model with the updated (elongated) LCD and from VIN 740277 onwards.

Thanks.

Offline eaglebeak

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Explorer ABS
  • City / Town: Vernon VT
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 01:08:53 AM »
I'd happy to test it out.  I've been using TigerTool V2.5 successfully but I don't have a mk2.  I have a 2015 Explorer.  Will this version have the ability to read sensor values?

Offline sgtchunk

• Explorer Junior
  • Jonesing for that next ride! IBA #50691
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Berthoud
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »
Hi there.  I've been using 2.5 on my 2014 TEX and it has worked very well, thanks for building that!  A buddy came over yesterday with his 2017 Xrx and asked if I could turn off the wrench (service light).  Turns out he has a 2018!  It seemed to connect easy enough and using the "SIA Reset" tab, I received reset OK indication however only the mileage was reset, not the date and the wrench didn't turn off.  2.5 only supports thru 2017, correct?  Looking forward to 3.0 in that case.

Again, thanks for doing all of this.

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 09:56:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by sgtchunk [+]
...A buddy came over yesterday with his 2017 Xrx and asked if I could turn off the wrench (service light).  Turns out he has a 2018!  It seemed to connect easy enough and using the "SIA Reset" tab, I received reset OK indication however only the mileage was reset, not the date and the wrench didn't turn off.  2.5 only supports thru 2017, correct?  Looking forward to 3.0 in that case...

V2.5 supports all 3 generations of Explorer / 1200, hence it resetting the mileage on your mate's bike. The process only resets the mileage count until the next service, then the bike's own system decides if the service light (wrench symbol) is on or off.

On newer models that have a calendar function you have to reset the date manually from the menu, after which the service light should go out. On some bikes you may need to power-cycle the ignition for the new settings to take affect. I've got access to the date reset command so will try to add it at a later date but as this function is easily accessible to the rider it's not a high priority.

Recent Topics