Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 1 Remus exhaust on Gen 3?  (Read 792 times)

Offline Tex XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Austin, Tex
Gen 1 Remus exhaust on Gen 3?
« on: June 01, 2020, 05:40:26 PM »
I removed my Remus Hexocone exhaust from my 2013 Explorer before trading it for a 2019 XRt. Is there any way to get the Remus can to fit the newer bike? Currently have the stock Arrow exhaust but prefer the sound of the Remus.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Gen 1 Remus exhaust on Gen 3?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 05:47:46 PM »
If the Remus slip-on does not work as a direct replacement, then I guess you could cut the pipe on both the OEM and Remus a few inches beyond the muffler, and then splice them together with some kind of stainless clamp-on splice. Or, have it welded.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Tex XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand Triumph made some changes to the exhaust for 2016 to present. With keeping my stock Arrow exhaust intact, is there another way, (ie; different link pipe, adapter) to make the Remus can work?

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »
You could look for a gen1/2 stock OEM exhaust on eBay or similar, which you could probably get quite cheaply, cut the OEM muffler off and then have the Remus welded/attached in its place. This would probably be cheaper/easier than trying to have the Remus pipe modified to the correct lengths and angles.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '19 XRX
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 06:59:17 PM »
Have you tried it up?  :084:
I don’t think there’s much different....

Offline Tex XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »
I haven’t yet but just by looking at the connection between the header and the link pipe, it appears to be a tighter bend on the 16- bikes. I sent an email to Remus USA asking if they sell that pipe separately.
Thanks

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »
That's my understanding too that the link pipe is bent slightly differently for the Gen-2.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 11:02:43 PM »
If its any help this Ebay seller sells a wide range of exhaust adaptors, connectors, bends etc.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Every-Exhaust-Part-Limited?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
No idea if their products are good or not = I only came across them researching for a project but that got shelved by covid.

Offline Tex XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 02:39:26 AM »
Well, my curiosity got the better of me so I took off the stock pipe and test fit the Remus...

As you can see, Triumph moved the upper mounting bracket further rearward and the link pipe has a different contour all together. I was thinking of just getting a universal hanger for the Remus but I couldn’t even get the link pipe to seat into the collector. Oh well..Remus went into the recycling barrel...;-)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:46:33 AM by Tex XRT »

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 04:11:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tex XRT [+]
Well, my curiosity got the better of me so I took off the stock pipe and test fit the Remus...

As you can see, Triumph moved the upper mounting bracket further rearward and the link pipe has a different contour all together. I was thinking of just getting a universal hanger for the Remus but I couldn’t even get the link pipe to seat into the collector. Oh well..Remus went into the recycling barrel...;-)
Doesn't the Remus can just slip off the tailpipe (I am looking at the retaining spring). Have you tried removing the can?

Recent Topics