Author Topic: Aftermarket Mirrors  (Read 520 times)

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2019 Tiger 1200 XCa
  • City / Town: Ojai
Aftermarket Mirrors
on: July 02, 2020, 03:20:04 AM
Hey everyone, who here has added the "Ram Mount" style mirrors? I think one of the brands is "Doubletake Mirror". Has anyone fitted them to the Tiger in place of the stock mirrors? If so, what brand did you purchase?
"You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding."

Offline DanceswithTiger

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '12 Tiger 12
  • City / Town: Rochester, NY
Re: Aftermarket Mirrors
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 06:39:00 PM
I have a pair of the Doubletake Adventure mirrors on my 2012. Purchased directly from https://www.doubletakemirror.com/
Dave
Rochester, NY

'12 Tiger 12

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 06:43:15 PM
Hey DanceswithTiger, thank you for the info and I just ordered mine from them, too! After posting this I looked and realized there isn't much out there along these lines other than Doubletake so I went for it! Do you feel they are an improvement over the stock mirrors...overall?

Offline DanceswithTiger

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '12 Tiger 12
  • City / Town: Rochester, NY
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:52:55 PM
I do. They're a bit more adjustable and a bit larger (mostly wider) so give a better view to the rear.

*Originally Posted by mike2411 [+]
Hey DanceswithTiger, thank you for the info and I just ordered mine from them, too! After posting this I looked and realized there isn't much out there along these lines other than Doubletake so I went for it! Do you feel they are an improvement over the stock mirrors...overall?
Dave
Rochester, NY

'12 Tiger 12

Offline mike2411

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:44:27 PM
I mounted my new DoubleTake Mirrors this weekend. They are "different" but I don't think they look bad. I'm so used to seeing the stock mirrors on the bike that the change is something I need to get used to. I should mention that my right stock mirror had become loose after an offroad crash and it never did tighten properly after that. They were very easy to install. The first thing I noticed was the minimal vibration...my stock mirrors vibrated so bad that it was difficult to determine what was behind me. I could see there was a vehicle but trying to determine what kind of vehicle was difficult because the mirrors shook so severely! The new mirrors sit lower than the stock mirrors and that is a big positive for me because there are many times I'm lane-splitting and my stock mirrors would be too tall to pass by a truck mirror safely. All-in-all I think the DoubleTake mirrors are a nice change and I like the adjustability in them, I do like how "beefy" they look, I really like that they don't really vibrate any longer, I like that they are easily removed and re-installed in necessary, but as I mentioned earlier, they are taking some time to get used to.

Offline KenW

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRt
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:26:05 AM
Photo?

nonskid