Author Topic: Gen 3 - Front pads and tyre replaced under warranty.  (Read 405 times)

Offline Hax

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '19 XRX
  • City / Town: Aberdeenshire
So had the bike in for a service a few weeks back after the winter and lockdown for it's 2nd service.
It had only done limited miles last year and was sitting at 1900 miles (500 of them the run in miles).

Anyway, mechanic reported the front tyre well worn on the shoulders - I hadn't given it much notice  :034:
Metzler Tourance Next that everyone loves........ pics below.
I do ride at steady speeds, all road miles, but it's not like it had done track days.

Complained to Triumph, less than 2k miles, 500 of those run in miles, 5 previous Tigers averaged 5-6k out a front etc - Triumph not interested, I'd have to speak to Pirelli/Metzler  :151:
Replied saying it was a factory fitted part and was their responsibility. Someone from Triumph must have contacted Pirelli and a new like-for-like tyre was offered.

So, now replaced along with the pads under the recall - don't ask you don't get! Will change them for something else as a pair next time.
Lockdown is lifting (in part) so time to get some more miles in.  :305:

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Re: Gen 3 - Front pads and tyre replaced under warranty.
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 12:55:02 PM
I asked, got charged by the dealer to test drive (yes really, the dealer I had just bought the brand new XCa from) and was told it was normal. Replaced with Bridgestone, Tyre dealer sent tyre off for Metzeler assessment who said it was also normal by addressing my flat spot saying I was driving too many straight roads. They totally missed (ignored?) the complaint on the side scalloping AND and I live in Ireland, there are no straight roads, the Romans didn't get that far in!

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 07:26:10 PM
I had somewhere between 4-6000 miles on my gen 2 and pirelli/metz refunded me approx £80. RESULT.

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 12:07:35 PM
Same with my Gen2 - OEM Tourance Next was completely shot at 2500 miles - seeing these posts perhaps I should have complained - but then it was a Tourance and I was very happy to be rid of it

Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......