Author Topic: Fog lights  (Read 1933 times)

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Re: Fog lights
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 05:35:55 PM
Or, for a fraction of that price:

https://www.kmstools.com/megalumen-2-led-tractor-utility-lamp-spot-156390

I have two sets of these on different bikes. Apparently, you can find these on eBay even cheaper.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 05:42:28 PM
It's your nickel.

I elected not to go cheap on the lights.  The Denalis are brighter, great quality, and have all the wiring (harness, switch, relay) needed to install.

All the components are heavy duty and high quality.  I don't think I have seen better quality wiring anywhere.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:55 PM
*Originally Posted by JG_XRT [+]
It's your nickel.

I elected not to go cheap on the lights.  The Denalis are brighter, great quality, and have all the wiring (harness, switch, relay) needed to install.

All the components are heavy duty and high quality.  I don't think I have seen better quality wiring anywhere.
I've been impressed with these lights. The housing is cast alloy and has remained sealed -- no water penetration. They are extremely bright. I have had a set mounted to the brake calipers of my TEX for about five years where they have endured lots of road vibrations with no issues.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 06:53:27 PM
It's good to know there are quality (and cheaper) alternatives out there. 

I didn't mean to disparage your choice in lights- I've just had iffy luck with the "cheap" stuff.  But there is a difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive".

Get whatever works for you.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline Crosshairs

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: OCEANPORT
Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 08:40:26 PM
*Originally Posted by JG_XRT [+]
It's your nickel.

The Denali's are expensive but they are worth the money..I have a set on another bike and they make the cheap lights on my TEX look like candles...

Offline Paul911

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger 1200 XRx
  • City / Town: Massachusetts
Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 03:28:07 AM
I apologize if this has been asked before, but is it possible to wire the Denalis to the stock switch on a 2018 gen 3?

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 11:18:15 AM
*Originally Posted by Paul911 [+]
I apologize if this has been asked before, but is it possible to wire the Denalis to the stock switch on a 2018 gen 3?
I very much doubt it, the Tiger has a CANBUS system, you would just be introducing a problem for the sake of that switch.

I had an 2016 Africa Twin and Honda did leave a connection in the headlight for a user to self wire the Honda Fog switch, a very reasonable £17 and then they left you a connection to illuminate the fog icon on the dash too, very nice of them to make it easy. I ended up with a great set of home wired fogs which integrated very nicely at about 15% of the cost of the Honda alternative.

nonskid