Author Topic: Vuz Moto Tent  (Read 504 times)

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Vuz Moto Tent
on: July 17, 2020, 05:47:53 PM
Anyone have any experience with this tent?

I've never done motorcycle camping, but I'm always looking for a (relatively) inexpensive place to start.

Rides the MaidenCruiser

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Re: Vuz Moto Tent
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:42:59 PM
I dont have that brand, but I do have a similar model put out by Redverz. The Expedition. Big tent, once set up, great to camp in as you can stand up in it, cook in the garage area, not difficult to set up, waterproof without rain cover and change clothes without having to wiggle around like a worm. Down side, expensive, takes up a lot of volume on the bike ( I carry mine on the passenger seat) and has to be pegged down as it is not free standing. :152:

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 10:37:56 AM
I have looked at the Redverz, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on a tent that will likely only very rarely get used.  Might not get used at all.

I'm not sure I'd enjoy the motorcycle camping experience, and I don't have a lot of time to do it in any case.

Rides the MaidenCruiser

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 12:24:50 PM
There are 12 reviews on the product listing. Not all good. I camp with a tent smaller than that but still roomy enough for two. Just don't see the point of having one that the bike fits in. Missus and I ride separate bikes and share the tent so certainly not going to get two tigers in there! I think there are better bike tents than that out there.