Author Topic: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software  (Read 9613 times)

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
TigerTool V3.0 is now released.  :152:

Subject to the disclaimer below, this software supports the Tiger 800, 900, Sport & Explorer/1200 models. It can also be tested with other Triumph models, including twins, via special command-line switches. Support for some models may be limited so not all features will be available. Details on how to try TigerTool with other models are included in the instruction document.

V3.0 includes features to allow the user to do the following:-

• Reset the service interval and clear the 'service due' wrench symbol from the instruments
• Configure ABS / TPMS menu items & default distance units for the instruments
• Read & clear diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
• Read & clear ABS DTCs
• Bleed ABS brake modulator
• Check throttle body balance
• Read, enable/disable & program TPMS sensors
• Erase Immobiliser/TPMS DTCs and monitor live TPMS data
• Read VIN, ECU serial & engine map reference codes

DISCLAIMER
These instructions and the attached software are provided as-is and without warranty of any sort.

The software is provided free of charge for non-commercial use. It allows the user limited access to the ECU on Triumph Tiger 800, 900, Sport & Explorer/1200 models ONLY, and can be used to perform various functions as part of a regular maintenance and/or servicing schedule.

Using this software, and the consequences therein, remains the sole responsibility of the user. Neither the author nor anyone associated with the officially supported forums will be held liable for any subsequent costs, losses or damages as a result of downloading, installing or using this software.

The software MUST NOT be copied to other websites, internet forums, social media sites etc without the express written authority of the original author. Software support and new releases will only be provided by the author via the forums at www.tiger800.co.uk, www.tiger-explorer.com and www.tiger1050.com.

All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the instructions and suitability of the software, but be aware that editing or modifying your bike's ECU may cause undesirable effects and/or invalidate your warranty. The software has been scanned at VirusTotal prior to release.

OBD Interface
As with all previous versions of TigerTool, accessing ECU data can be achieved using the ISO9141-2 and ISO15765-4 (aka CAN bus) protocols. This software is intended to work with most USB & Bluetooth ELM327-based OBD2 interfaces, including clones. There are a number of ELM327-based interfaces around that don't work with TigerTool because they contain very poor quality components and/or firmware and don't support some the of the basic ELM327 commands that are needed, in particular 'AT D'. Some of the USB interfaces have the FTDI USB-to-serial chipsets which seem to work well under any version of Windows, as FTDI are usually on-the-ball with releasing drivers. Unfortunately FTDI released driver updates a few back that bricked many of the clone chips that were being used in cheap OBD2 interfaces so it can be a case of buyer beware. There are also many interfaces that use different serial chipsets, e.g. the PL2303 interface from Prolific Tech, and most of these have been tested. The key is to ensure that you have the latest drivers for the device that you're using to support the version of Windows that your PC is running.

NOTE:
• This software WILL NOT work with the VAG/KKL leads such as those from Lonelec that are used with TuneECU.
• This version supports ELM327 OBD2 interfaces that are V1.n or V2.n.

Installation
As stated previously, I'm no software engineer so the file size for this application is much larger than it could be. However, when I do write software I try to make it robust & fit for purpose, and spend a lot of time looking for bugs and trying to break it. TigerTool is a standalone Windows application (on versions XP to 10) that needs no installation process and no additional files to run. You can manually add a shortcut to your desktop to make access easier if you like. This will also be required if you plan to try using TigerTool with other Triumph models. This latest version has been tested on a range of Tiger (and other) models by myself and several Beta testers.

Download the zip file attachment at the bottom of this post then save & extract the single executable 'TigerTool.exe' file from within the zip to a suitable folder on your PC.

The latest 28-page instruction manual (PDF) is also attached below as a zip file. This file contains some important information so you MUST download and read it thoroughly before using the software.

You should find this latest update useful & just as easy to use as previous versions. If you have any questions or problems then just ask in this topic.

p.s. Thanks to all of the Beta testers.  :028:
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Re: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 02:40:59 AM
Thank you.  I can't wait to try this out.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline Kevinn

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Loveland,OH
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 04:30:38 AM
Thank you!

Offline electroken

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2015 TEX
  • City / Town: Shelton, CT
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 06:49:29 PM
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]

As stated previously, I'm no software engineer

For what it's worth, you're better at this than a lot of the actual software engineers I've worked with.

Offline Rigsville

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 08:12:20 PM
Thank you.

Offline Biff Wellington

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: South East QLD
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 07:52:13 AM
Thanks! Just about to use this for the first time.  :002: :046:
I don`t always use public toilets but when I do, I draw a penis on the wall of the cubicle.

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 T12 & 1995 D12
  • City / Town: County Kildare
Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:29:35 AM
Many thanks for this, great community spirit on your part.

Offline Fuze

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 14'Tex white/graph
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 06:13:30 AM
T800XC

THANK YOU!!!!!

:305:

This software has worked flawlessly and has enabled me to change the broken TPMS sensors on my bike.  Works better than I do.
if you want something done right, do it again.

Offline Suomi

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Godby
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 09:35:19 AM
Thank you very much!

Offline Triple3

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200XR
  • City / Town: Newcastle