Author Topic: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software  (Read 9612 times)

Offline flyboy52219

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Shelby Twp.
Re: How To Use TigerTool V3.0 Service Utility Software
Reply #20 on: March 06, 2021, 04:25:35 PM
Again what a great tool to have. So I did have the dealer install the Triumph TPMS sensors during my tire change. Can i enable with the new TPMS feature for the first time or will I need to take my bike back for them to do a first paring with the sensors? I read the release notes and cant tell if the new version of TT can do that first initialization?

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 05:45:11 PM
I'm not sure why your dealer didn't enable the TPMS when they installed the sensors, but it doesn't matter if it's the 1st or 100th time the process to pair / enable them is exactly the same, in which case TigerTool V3 onwards will allow you to do this.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline flyboy52219

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Shelby Twp.
Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
I'm not sure why your dealer didn't enable the TPMS when they installed the sensors, but it doesn't matter if it's the 1st or 100th time the process to pair / enable them is exactly the same, in which case TigerTool V3 onwards will allow you to do this.
Thanks T800XC! I'll give it a whirl. Dealer didn't enable as I brought the wheels in to save a little money. Plus it's too cold here to ride the bike yet. This might save me a trip back. Thanks again!

Edit - tried to enable...I think my 2018 1200 XCA has a chassis ECU...the IMMOBILZER NOT FOUND Message kept appearing on multiple tries. Will get to the dealer when the weather warms. Really appreciate this software T800CX. You are awesome!
Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:13:03 PM by flyboy52219

Offline vt_sailor

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Saratoga Springs, NY
Reply #23 on: March 28, 2021, 02:25:20 AM
I’m in the US and trying to get the correct cable to use your software with.  I tried copying the UK part number in to the US Amazon but didn’t get a match.  Do you happen to have an Amazon link for the US?

Thank you!
Ray
2015 Explorer--givi bags with motech mounts,
Radiator protector, delrin gps mount, OEM & motech crash bars, motech hand guards, Clearwater Darla fog lights

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #24 on: March 28, 2021, 02:37:48 AM
Take a look on Amazon or eBay for the BBFLY-BF32301 or BF32302.

Looks like at least the 32302 is currently available.

Offline JG_XRT

• Explorer Pro
  • Up the Irons!
  • Bike: 2017 XRt
  • City / Town: Battle Creek, MI
Reply #25 on: March 28, 2021, 11:48:14 AM
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Take a look on Amazon or eBay for the BBFLY-BF32301 or BF32302.

Looks like at least the 32302 is currently available.

I have the -BF32301 which is not currently available.

If you can't find the other one, or something else that works, PM and I will be glad to lend you mine.
Silly Harley rider......Don't you know that Tigers eat hogs?

Offline mcman56

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 20158 Tiger 800 XRX
  • City / Town: Nor Cal
Reply #26 on: August 05, 2021, 03:20:13 AM
Wanted to pass on another functional Linux running of TigerTool

Ubuntu 18.04
Wine 3.6 - the latest I could load on 18.04
TigerTool 3.0
bbfly PRO OBDII usb adaptor

followed reply 56 0n
https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php?topic=17202.50

Thanks wintrmute - I don't know how I would have figured out the need for access to the adaptor.

When starting TigerTool I have 33 COM port options but need to select #33 for it to work.

I did not quite understand the reference to "add a udev rule" so added myself to the dialout group per
https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-how-to-allow-a-non-default-user-to-use-serial-device-ttyusb0/

http://imgur.com/E7KwTN5l.png

Offline FL-Tig-Rider

• Explorer Junior
  • Tiger Owner since 2001
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Central Florida
Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 12:21:45 PM
Thanks so much for your efforts on this T800XC, and for sharing it with the rest of us who prefer to do this work ourselves.  I downloaded the program and instructions and the program start up fine. 

I intend to install a TPMS system shortly on my 2018 1200 XRT and I noticed this statement in the instructions: "The TPMS feature will currently only work on bikes that have an immobiliser that also acts as the TPMS controller.  Due to access restrictions it cannot be used on newer bikes that have a Chassis ECU."

I'm too new to my 2018 to know exactly what category my bike fits into.  My 2018 does have the keyless ignition with key fob, but beyond that, I don't know the details.  Can you tell me if TigerTool can enable a newly installed TPMS system on my 2018 1200 XRT?

The second question involves the the OBD connection.  I have a couple of OBD cables I can try before buying the other stated in this thread (the latest is a BAFX bluetooth unit).  Can I inflict any harm to my bike by trying them?  I figured there would just be an error making the connection if they are not compatible and that would be the end of it.  But can an incorrect OBD cable actually mess up some programming on the bike?  If there is any chance it could, I won't bother even trying them and just pop for the correct one.
75,000 miles in a Tiger saddle and counting!
My Intro Post
My 2001 Tiger 955i For Sale

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
Reply #28 on: September 13, 2021, 01:47:08 PM
*Originally Posted by FL-Tig-Rider
I intend to install a TPMS system shortly on my 2018 1200 XRT and I noticed this statement in the instructions: "The TPMS feature will currently only work on bikes that have an immobiliser that also acts as the TPMS controller.  Due to access restrictions it cannot be used on newer bikes that have a Chassis ECU."

I'm too new to my 2018 to know exactly what category my bike fits into.  My 2018 does have the keyless ignition with key fob, but beyond that, I don't know the details.  Can you tell me if TigerTool can enable a newly installed TPMS system on my 2018 1200 XRT?
If you have the keyless ignition then you also have a Chassis ECU and programming the sensors is not currently an available option for you without a dealer trip. I've simply not had time to delve deeper into how to unlock the Chassis ECU access, but it's frustrating so I really want to get that sorted. You can enable the TPMS function in the menu using the current version of TigerTool, but you'll just keep getting warning messages as there will be no TPMS data on the CAN bus.

I'm in a similar position as you, but I've been using a screw-on set of TPMS sensors that I've managed to get the data from and send it over the CAN bus (using some custom hardware & firmware) so the pressures appear on the TFT in the same way as the Triumph sensors do. It's not a perfect solution but it will do until I sort the Chassis ECU access. A little more here...

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,19364.0.html

*Originally Posted by FL-Tig-Rider
The second question involves the the OBD connection.  I have a couple of OBD cables I can try before buying the other stated in this thread (the latest is a BAFX bluetooth unit).  Can I inflict any harm to my bike by trying them?  I figured there would just be an error making the connection if they are not compatible and that would be the end of it.  But can an incorrect OBD cable actually mess up some programming on the bike?  If there is any chance it could, I won't bother even trying them and just pop for the correct one.
You'll be fine.

Offline FL-Tig-Rider

• Explorer Junior
  • Tiger Owner since 2001
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Central Florida
Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 12:01:33 PM
Thanks for the further details T800XC.  I'll be watching the thread on the integrated aftermarket TPMS module.  This sounds like a great alternative for me since I don't want to have another display clamped onto the bike somewhere when the TFT display already can show it.   Besides, the cost of the OEM TPMS is pricy, not even considering the dealer programming charge.
75,000 miles in a Tiger saddle and counting!
My Intro Post
My 2001 Tiger 955i For Sale